Author Topic: Dams and lakes on Mars  (Read 8248 times)

Offline BDL

• Venus
Dams and lakes on Mars
« on: December 30, 2018, 09:43:39 PM »
NASA and some other space agencies have already found some water on Mars, but, to my knowledge, the rovers never discovered any lakes or anything else significant. Logically, most of the water should be ice. Anyways, in the video here: a man by the name of Jimmy Roberts attempts to analyze a photo by the Curiosity Rover. The original photo was taken in black and white. Here’s the image: https://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/proj/msl/redops/ods/surface/sol/01352/opgs/edr/ncam/NLB_517524633EDR_F0541778NCAM00283M_.JPG

In his video he first re-edits the photo and adds color in himself (I think). I don’t think he ever tells us the actual method he used to get the genuine colors on the photo. In his colored photo, he points to a “lake” colored blue/grey. I don’t think the man believes that NASA is faking anything, but I think he does believe they’re hiding aliens and “ancient civilizations” on mars. He also, to my knowledge, believes that NASA is lying about scientific data concerning Mars’s atmosphere and such conspiracy theories like that. Looking at the original black and white photograph by Curiosity, I think it’s probably nothing more than the Martian ground or something like that.
“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969

Offline AtomicDog

• Mars
Re: Dams and lakes on Mars
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 09:51:39 PM »
Does he explain why NASA would hide a discovery that would guarantee instant fame to the principal investigators and would also guarantee that the NASA budget would increase manyfold?
"There is no belief, however foolish, that will not gather its faithful adherents who will defend it to the death." - Isaac Asimov

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 03:34:19 AM »
Does he explain why NASA would hide a discovery that would guarantee instant fame to the principal investigators and would also guarantee that the NASA budget would increase manyfold?

Indeed.

Were a civilisation (alive or dead) discovered to exist on Mars, NASA would effectively be given a blank cheque.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline BDL

• Venus
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 11:55:59 AM »
No, he skips over that part like all the other conspiracists. I had once asked a flat earther why exactly the government would even do such a thing like hide the shape of the Earth and he couldn’t come up with an answer without knowing that any answer he would give would be easily refutable and make him look even more foolish.
“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969