Author Topic: Radiation  (Read 632974 times)

Offline benparry

• Mars
Re: Radiation
« Reply #2145 on: April 19, 2018, 11:10:41 AM »
i didn't know. after CQ we didnt speak for a long time and there was no need for me to log into there as i didnt have issues answering people or finding details.
There is no "after CQ". Both accounts are still live.

I'm not quite sure why Tim claiming to have been banned is my fault.
Nobody said it was. Strawman.

After a while i contacted Tim to see how he was and have a general chat. he provided me with more questions regarding the same topic and as i had asked some other questions on this forum i decided to try here to finally finish it off.
Not what actually happened here. Any conversations you may or may not have had with TF are none of our business and unverifiable in any case.

i started with 'i have a friend' because i didnt know if the same people who were on cosmoquest were on here and i thought it was a polite way to start off a thread.
We have the same internet handles. Surely that gave you a clue, no?

yes i am suggesting that. no non cynical person would believe that.
It has actually happened plenty of times. Patrick Tekeli springs to mind, a man with so many socks that there are not enough drawers in the universe. I know you are not him because he is dead.

if somebody asks me a question my mind doesnt immediately go through a whole list of things as to why i shouldnt answer. i just answer it to the best of my knowledge.
Irrelevant. Most here would do likewise. The problem is that the corpus CT uses these very tactics to insinuate themselves like a bacterial infection into truth, knowledge and honesty. Perhaps you have found yourself unintentionally jumping through those hoops without foreknowledge that these are games we have all seen CTists perform over and over and over. It is a form of the "good cop, bad cop" routine. Again.

you seem to be confused about the facebook pages. this information was happily given.
Read back up thread. It was not happily given. The amount of dodging and obfuscation was a sight to behold, all for a link that was at your fingertips.

i actually gave more links than was nessecary.
Who exactly determined what was "necessary"? Given the links, the members could determine if they were sufficient.
there was no double act formed. i actually dont believe the radiation issue was discussed on the facebook groups. it was other topics such as the size of the earth.
And now you are claiming that the links you provided were off-topic. And you knew it.

so yes i am perplexed.
Well, if providing the links requested perplexes you, then I must perforce agree. You are indeed perplexed.

if you feel you are some higher being that has to look after everybody here then thats fine but i again repeat what Luke said. lets focus on the facts and what is asked on the forum.
Strawman and I did that already.

lets not delve into any side stories.
No, you are attempting to cast the "side story" as unimportant. From my perspective, it may be the most important aspect.

Are you and TF one and the same?
Are you and TF two individuals playing a game?
Are you and TF two individuals who are new to all of this?

And so on. The only method I have to make this determination is the evidence I have before me, and what am I to make of that?
i understand many people have created sock accounts etc and tried to fool others here but at the end of the day i havent and i have shown i havent so i am not really clear as to why my name is still being soiled.
Because you have not done that. All I or anyone knows is whatever you self present. As we stand, the evidence is that you and TF are one and the same individual. Have you other evidence to present?

in my opinion the moon landings did happen and also in my opinion the radiation issue with Tim is now closed.
Neither of those are matters of opinion. It is a fact that the moon landings happened as advertised and it is a fact that TF does not accept the preceding fact.

as i say he hasnt contacted me for quite some time so i can only assume he has accepted the findings or simply realised he isnt going to get past the expertise here.
That is naive. TF wants the moon hoax as a matter of religious belief and those are not subject to reason.

which ever is the case none of this means i am a hoax believer and if you think i am or you think i have some alterier motive then you are wrong. plain and simple.
WTF? "alterier"? Really? Is that some breed of dog?

abaddon

i have absolutely no interest in carrying on this ridiculous conversation.

you are the only person still questioning this so i'll let you carry on doing that if you wish.

if i have any questions in the future i will be happy to ask here. if you wish to answer do so. if you don't then don't. any questions i do ask will be to further my knowledge.

as i hadn't been on cq for a while quite a few names were new to me. apologies for trying to appear pleasant.

If Tim is up for a skype call with you to show you he is really him and i am me i will be more than happy to proceed.

if you can tell me a way to share a facebook messenger message (all of it) i will be happy to share that with you.

i have no interest in pretending to be somebody i'm not.

your wrong about the FB. as soon as Tim pointed out to me which one it was i happily shared it. (as i said quite a few times i have been in and out of a few over time)

i gave more links to FB groups than asked. actually ones Tim was never a member of. this was to show i actually believed they were real. so no not off Topic it was to show we were different people and had the views we claimed we did.

so i think i have covered everything there. the main thing is we are who we say. if a skype call is needed i can do that. again i havent spoken to Tim for a while but you can ask him here or on facebook.

Abaddon can i just say now i won't stand for my name being soiled anywhere but also i won't simply go back and forth with nit pick arguments.
so if you wish to believe that i am a HB fine. I'm telling you i'm not. if you choose not to believe then fine. if i ask any more questions here to further my knowledge it obviously is up to you if you wish to answer.

HOWEVER

i won't reply to anymore of you comments on this or any other thread which relates to me being who i say i am. to me that is insulting and i have no interest in continuing to prove to you who i say i am.

many thanks for any contribution you made to showing where Tim was wrong. all entries on this thread have been interesting to me and have furthered my knowledge very much.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2146 on: April 19, 2018, 11:42:34 AM »

abaddon

you are the only person still questioning this so i'll let you carry on doing that if you wish.
And you are wrong. I may indeed be the only one to post publically, but you don't have any awareness of private messages in the background.

if i have any questions in the future i will be happy to ask here. if you wish to answer do so. if you don't then don't. any questions i do ask will be to further my knowledge.
That is how fora work.

as i hadn't been on cq for a while quite a few names were new to me. apologies for trying to appear pleasant.
Apologies for observing that you failed to do so.

If Tim is up for a skype call with you to show you he is really him and i am me i will be more than happy to proceed.
No. You are erecting a challenge which cannot be met with rules biased to the claimant. I will not fall for that one.

if you can tell me a way to share a facebook messenger message (all of it) i will be happy to share that with you.
Facebook is a useless hole of oblivion to me. I don't do facebook beyond browsing it occasionally. Last facebook page I browsed was belonging to a wingnut who claimed to be the wife of GOD. No thanks.

Then you are in good company here, because none of the regulars here do either.

your wrong about the FB. as soon as Tim pointed out to me which one it was i happily shared it. (as i said quite a few times i have been in and out of a few over time)
You miss the point. And emphasize it. You now claim that you had to defer to TF to even find it.

i gave more links to FB groups than asked. actually ones Tim was never a member of. this was to show i actually believed they were real. so no not off Topic it was to show we were different people and had the views we claimed we did.
Setting up facebook socks is a trivial exercise. Do not pretend that you are unaware of that.

so i think i have covered everything there. the main thing is we are who we say. if a skype call is needed i can do that. again i havent spoken to Tim for a while but you can ask him here or on facebook.
If you are incapable of making your case here, what makes you think skype would help?

Abaddon can i just say now i won't stand for my name being soiled anywhere
Then stop doing it.

but also i won't simply go back and forth with nit pick arguments.
It is not a "nit-pick".

so if you wish to believe that i am a HB fine. I'm telling you i'm not. if you choose not to believe then fine. if i ask any more questions here to further my knowledge it obviously is up to you if you wish to answer.
And I will happily hand you whatever references I have to hand without prejudice of any sort. Not a problem.

HOWEVER

i won't reply to anymore of you comments on this or any other thread which relates to me being who i say i am. to me that is insulting and i have no interest in continuing to prove to you who i say i am.
Sure. Nobody has control over you here. But everyone here has control over themselves. I would have thought that was self evident.

many thanks for any contribution you made to showing where Tim was wrong. all entries on this thread have been interesting to me and have furthered my knowledge very much.
I genuinely hope you did. The membership of this site is a motley of engineers, chemists, physicists and so forth, even gillian the grammar nazi (LOL). There is a vast repository of knowledge of even the most obscure details here.

Use it.

Offline benparry

• Mars
« Reply #2147 on: April 19, 2018, 11:48:07 AM »

abaddon

And you are wrong. I may indeed be the only one to post publically, but you don't have any awareness of private messages in the background.

That is how fora work.

Apologies for observing that you failed to do so.

No. You are erecting a challenge which cannot be met with rules biased to the claimant. I will not fall for that one.

Facebook is a useless hole of oblivion to me. I don't do facebook beyond browsing it occasionally. Last facebook page I browsed was belonging to a wingnut who claimed to be the wife of GOD. No thanks.

Then you are in good company here, because none of the regulars here do either.

You miss the point. And emphasize it. You now claim that you had to defer to TF to even find it.

Setting up facebook socks is a trivial exercise. Do not pretend that you are unaware of that.

If you are incapable of making your case here, what makes you think skype would help?

Abaddon can i just say now i won't stand for my name being soiled anywhere
Then stop doing it.

but also i won't simply go back and forth with nit pick arguments.
It is not a "nit-pick".

And I will happily hand you whatever references I have to hand without prejudice of any sort. Not a problem.

HOWEVER

Sure. Nobody has control over you here. But everyone here has control over themselves. I would have thought that was self evident.

I genuinely hope you did. The membership of this site is a motley of engineers, chemists, physicists and so forth, even gillian the grammar nazi (LOL). There is a vast repository of knowledge of even the most obscure details here.

Use it.

after your final comment it appears we have reached a modicum of agreement. i wish you well.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2148 on: April 19, 2018, 11:53:26 AM »
<snip for brevity>
after your final comment it appears we have reached a modicum of agreement. i wish you well.
Respect is earned, not a default.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #2149 on: April 19, 2018, 12:30:26 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again--I don't care if Ben is Tim or Ben is working with Tim or if Ben really is who he says he is, and I think not taking him at his word is honestly rude.  I do think Ben might take a more active part when Tim is around and make it clear that, yes, the explanations being given make sense to him, but I'm also not going to judge people for their argument style or their willingness to let knowledgeable give answers.

I do think the idea that Tim has vanished because he's acknowledged that he's wrong is at best an optimistic one.  He can't admit he's wrong about the tiniest details.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #2150 on: April 19, 2018, 12:56:51 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again--I don't care if Ben is Tim or Ben is working with Tim or if Ben really is who he says he is, and I think not taking him at his word is honestly rude.  I do think Ben might take a more active part when Tim is around and make it clear that, yes, the explanations being given make sense to him, but I'm also not going to judge people for their argument style or their willingness to let knowledgeable give answers.

I do think the idea that Tim has vanished because he's acknowledged that he's wrong is at best an optimistic one.  He can't admit he's wrong about the tiniest details.
Meh, I have stated that I am willing to give a bye provisionally And sorry for the barb, that was in good nature, I appreciate your contributions.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #2151 on: April 19, 2018, 02:41:14 PM »
Please knock off the witch hunt. Ben has said that he and Tim are nothing more than FB acquaintances, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

I'm not sure why people are so sure that they are the same person or "working together". The fact that Ben invited Tim here (and to CQ) does not mean they are allies. It could just mean they have had an ongoing discussion on FB and wanted to move it somewhere where others could participate. That just happens to be the purpose of this forum.

The fact that they had a history of some kind prior to showing up here is not suspicious.
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #2152 on: April 19, 2018, 04:52:30 PM »
I only hope timfinch is spending his time productively, and, although what has been said here regarding his history is not promising, maybe, just maybe, he will experience some semblance of an epiphany.  I say this because I was recently shocked (pleasantly, mind you) when I happened upon this YouTube video -

I don't expect anyone to watch it, but here is my synopsis.  This is a turn around by a long time flat-earther, who performed his own experiments, realized his previous beliefs were not supported by the science, and posted these events in his video.  I must also say, at the start of the video, he encourages his audience to remain to the end of it, and I was thinking it may have all been some sort of ruse.  However, it wasn't, and I am really not sure if he said this as an attempt to educate the ignorant, or I just missed something.

Regardless, it gives me hope.
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #2153 on: April 19, 2018, 04:54:32 PM »
Oops.  Sorry for the embedded video.  I just meant to send the link.  I obviously still have much to learn about a lot of things.   :-[

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #2154 on: April 19, 2018, 05:41:31 PM »
A good flat-earther discussion ends when you ask "Why does the government want to hide the flat Earth from the people?" and the answer is "To control all the money." If you then ask "How much money do you have?", the conversation tends to end right there,

Edit: added "discussion".
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 06:18:41 PM by Allan F »
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2155 on: April 19, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »
I'm back!  I didn't flee in shame.  I became ill during the dialogue and had to be rushed to the emergency room.  I had complications from surgery and had to be admitted to the hospital where I have been for the last five days.  I returned home eager to rejoin the fray.  I hope each and every one of you have your shirt tails raised because I intend to spank some butts.  I am recovering but  I have all it takes to teach you a lesson in humility.  Let's dispense with the distraction of identities and anything else that is unrelated to the subject at hand.  Bring your "A" game and let's do this.

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2156 on: April 19, 2018, 06:40:23 PM »
I want to pick up where I left off.  You guys were explaining how the Apollo shielding was effective in reducing the protron flux of the VAB to an inconsequential amount.  It may have been that attempt that caused a biological disruption that put me in the hospital but I am on antibiotics now and can proceed without caution.  Feel free to illuminate me and all others. How effective is apollo 8 gm/cm^2 shielding against >5 mev protons?  P.S.  I have a fresh bag of popcorn.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:16:43 PM by timfinch »

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #2157 on: April 19, 2018, 07:35:23 PM »
I want to pick up where I left off.  You guys were explaining how the Apollo shielding was effective in reducing the protron flux of the VAB to an inconsequential amount.  It may have been that attempt that caused a biological disruption that put me in the hospital but I am on antibiotics now and can proceed without caution.  Feel free to illuminate me and all others. How effective is apollo 8 gm/cm^2 shielding against >5 mev protons.  P.S.  I have a fresh bag of popcorn.

Before you get too worked up, you may want to add this to your library -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4317692/Earth-s-inner-belt-radiation-thought.html

A quote from the sub-title:
"Earth's inner Van Allen belt is far weaker than thought"

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2158 on: April 19, 2018, 07:54:35 PM »

Before you get too worked up, you may want to add this to your library -
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4317692/Earth-s-inner-belt-radiation-thought.html

A quote from the sub-title:
"Earth's inner Van Allen belt is far weaker than thought"
[/quote]

iT is is true but >7 mev electrons are shielded by the hull anyway.  >15 mev electrons populate the outer reaches of the VAB, especially during peak solar activity.  >15 mev electrons are not detectable by a normal radiation detector as they pass right through without depositing enough energy to be detected.  8 gm/c^2 shielding is useless and allows >15 mev electrons to pass right through.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:17:23 PM by timfinch »

Offline timfinch

• Jupiter
  • BANNED
« Reply #2159 on: April 19, 2018, 08:06:15 PM »
2. Given the indicated radiation dosages in Rads/sec for each zone, what will be the dosages that the
astronauts receive in each zone?
 Blue: = 27.6 minutes x ( 60 sec/ 1 minute) x (0.0001 Rads/sec) = 0.17 Rads
 Yellow = 6.1 minutes x 60 sec/minute x 0.005 rads/sec = 1.83 Rads
 Orange = 15.3 minutes x (60 sec/minute) x 0.01 rads/sec = 9.18 Rads
 Green = 3.8 minutes x (60 sec/minute) x 0.001 rads/sec = 0.23 Rads
3. What will be the total radiation dosage in Rads for the transit through the belts?
 0.17 + 1.83 + 9.18 + 0.23 = 11.4 Rads

Recognizing all of this radiation is from high energy protons adds clarity to the deception.  Can you see it now?