Author Topic: Chandrayaan spots Apollo 16?  (Read 5519 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Chandrayaan spots Apollo 16?
« on: March 23, 2015, 06:12:57 PM »
So..Adrian made me look at Chandrayaan's images again, and one of the ways you can browse for data (a javascript globe) showed an image I hadn't seen before that covered Apollo 16's landing area.

So I requested the data and set about re-writing the page for Apollo 16's surface features and spotted the following:

The left hand view is the LRO photograph from here

http://featured-sites.lroc.asu.edu/lroc_features/Apollo%2016/feature_highlights/94

and the Chandrayaan data is from TMC_N_20090801T023801556B

Thoughts?

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: Chandrayaan spots Apollo 16?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 03:48:21 AM »
The sharp eyed amongst you may have noticed another dark blob to the right of the LM's crater.

There's a corresponding long shadow in the LRO image.

I'd assumed there was large rock causing it, but guess where the LRV is parked....

http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/news/uploads/M175179080LRb_thumb.png

« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:22:03 AM by onebigmonkey »

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 10:33:51 AM »
I always particularly like when "evidence" thesr clowns offer actually undermines their own arguments. Nice one onebigmonkey.
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 12:24:14 PM »
And no sooner do the hoaxers get what they want in terms of corroborating evidence from a non-NASA source than the goalposts move with lightning speed.

According to some idiot over at ATS, the guy in charge is 'ex-NASA', the images were downloaded when not many people were around, and the whole thing is compromised because India is in cahoots with NASA.

I'm surprised their knees can stand the sudden strain of that rapid jerking movement.

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 01:06:37 PM »
More like kids playing baseball in the street:  not that manhole, the other one!!

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 01:48:36 PM »
I did some more poking around the ISRO site and found the HySI (HyperSpectral Image Scanner) data covering Taurus Littrow. With some processing you can extract the following from image HYS_NR_20090107T011356760

Nothing spectacular to speak of, and it isn't of a high enough resolution to reveal any Apollo details, but as best I can tell from looking through Lunar Orbiter images the mottling features you see on the north and south massifs are not visible at all in pre-Apollo photographs.

They are, however, visible on Kaguya, Chang-e'2 and now Chandrayaan images of Taurus Littrow, and hey guess what the patterns of light and shade are an exact match for what be seen in Apollo 17's 16mm approach footage and Hasselblad images.

Which is nice :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:51:45 PM by onebigmonkey »