Author Topic: ISS and China Spacewalk Hoax  (Read 26148 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: ISS and China Spacewalk Hoax
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2015, 08:36:02 AM »
Hooray, I am not a bot.....

Used to spend ages copying something from a magazine into the trust Amtstrad only to have it all fall over and not have the slightest clue why. Tried to learn it but could never knuckle down to it.

I never even thought you might be a bot. :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2015, 10:24:24 AM »
10 PRINT "Does not compute.";
20 Goto to 1.

Try that instead.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2015, 10:34:52 AM »
10 PRINT "Does not compute."
20 Goto 10

Or even this....

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2015, 12:41:33 PM »
On the C64, which I used as an almost adult, you didn't have to be so pricky about line numbers. Goto just assumed you wanted the next line after the line number you attempted to goto.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2015, 01:39:01 PM »
On the C64, which I used as an almost adult, you didn't have to be so pricky about line numbers. Goto just assumed you wanted the next line after the line number you attempted to goto.
I can't comment about C64, but Goto to just wouldn't work.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2015, 01:48:46 PM »
No, you're right. That is why you have the "run"-command - to find syntax errors.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2015, 02:27:16 PM »
No, you're right. That is why you have the "run"-command - to find syntax errors.
I have had way to many of those in my experience.
Eugene Cernan

Offline tikkitakki

• Venus
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2015, 04:48:40 PM »
You must have had some BASIC extension then...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2015, 05:27:32 PM »
What do you think about the hoax of spaceflight?
Conspiracy theorists say that the ISS is underwater and is all CGI.

Another thing they claim for example, that the china spacewalk was fake due to a bubble flying.

One think that comes to my mind is that:
How the ISS would be a hoax if I can see it with a pair of binoculars at night?
If the ISS is underwater, how I cant see turbulence and cavitation of fluids? Also its very different than the normal training under water here on earth
I dont know how to respond to CGI, they look pretty real to me.
Bubbles may be debris, since you cant do a 100% clean up of this always.

All this applies to China spacewalk too.

It seems ridiculous that some people think spaceflight is impossible. I usually see that flat earthners "invent" those theories.
The "bubbles" were funny as they moved in a random nature, not ascending from the bottom up as would be the case in a pool.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2015, 11:33:03 PM »

I never even thought you might be a bot. :)

I Know, just jesting along. :)

Sorry, took it off topic.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2015, 12:26:10 AM »
You must have had some BASIC extension then...

Or I could be wrong.

Offline Gazpar

• Earth
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2015, 11:49:53 AM »

Another thing they claim for example, that the china spacewalk was fake due to a bubble flying.

If the ISS is underwater, how I cant see turbulence and cavitation of fluids? Also its very different than the normal training under water here on earth

It seems ridiculous that some people think spaceflight is impossible. I usually see that flat earthners "invent" those theories.
The "bubbles" were funny as they moved in a random nature, not ascending from the bottom up as would be the case in a pool.
You forgot those bubbles move too fast

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2015, 12:07:57 PM »

You forgot those bubbles move too fast
Looks like debris being propelled from around the capsule.  No fakery here, just in the mind of the poster.
Eugene Cernan

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2015, 10:40:30 AM »
Aren't you aware that nearly everything in this world is a hoax?

If so, then space missions will be included.

Simple eh?

I suppose that is as good a picture of the devoted hoax-conspiracist's mindset as we can possibly ever get.

Yes, I suppose life becomes very simple if you pass off everything that is disturbing, complex, contradictory or even just unusual as a hoax.