Author Topic: Bill Kaysing & Ralph Rene books  (Read 19038 times)

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Bill Kaysing & Ralph Rene books
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2019, 11:47:16 AM »
To clarify, my brain is just fine (except the bipolar disorder, of course), but it doesn't turn in the same directions as some of the others.  I don't get the math, quite a lot of the time, and I'm certainly nowhere near as educated in the engineering.  I can talk about the history, politics, and psychology fairly easy, and I get most of the geology.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline bobdude11

• Venus
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2019, 04:30:00 PM »
To clarify, my brain is just fine (except the bipolar disorder, of course), but it doesn't turn in the same directions as some of the others.  I don't get the math, quite a lot of the time, and I'm certainly nowhere near as educated in the engineering.  I can talk about the history, politics, and psychology fairly easy, and I get most of the geology.
I have the same issues with the maths. I understand much of the mechanics, some of the physics (when they are explained by people that DO understand the math). I am fortunate that I do not suffer from Bi-Polar Disorder, but I do suffer from ADHD that causes my mind to go down rabbit holes when I am researching things.
Robert Clark -
CISSP, MISM, MCSE and some other alphabet certifications.
I am moving to Theory ... everything works in Theory
"Everybody remember where we parked." James Tiberius Kirk, Captain, U.S.S. Enterprise

Offline Rob48

• Venus
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2019, 07:15:15 AM »
On a related note, I see Jarrah White is most upset that Amazon is offering Ralph's book for sale, thus depriving him of gullible folks' cash. 

I also note with dismay that JW has apparently managed to complete his astrophysics course. Maybe his tutors just got so fed up with him that they let him pass?

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2019, 08:32:47 AM »
On a related note, I see Jarrah White is most upset that Amazon is offering Ralph's book for sale, thus depriving him of gullible folks' cash. 

Aw, diddums. I see he claims that his efforts in distributing Rene's guff is a "labour of love". Not for profit at all, absolutely no way, no Siree....
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2019, 08:53:34 AM »

Aw, diddums. I see he claims that his efforts in distributing Rene's guff is a "labour of love". Not for profit at all, absolutely no way, no Siree....

Sounds a bit like Derek Willis, no?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2019, 11:40:58 AM »

Sounds a bit like Derek Willis, no?

Absolutely.
As i said earlier in this thread, 99 out of a hundred hoax believers are ignorant of facts. The last 1% are chasing down a dollar. Rene was one of those and The Blunder from Down Under is another (though at 12K subscribers his pickings from YouTube will be scant).
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov