Author Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 831963 times)

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
Re: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?
« Reply #1275 on: March 03, 2013, 09:58:54 AM »
I wonder if he thinks all those Texans saw (or heard) "propaganda" in their skies on the morning of February 1, 2003. Guys like him really annoy me sometimes.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #1276 on: March 03, 2013, 12:51:48 PM »
I wonder how he imagines older photo-reconnaissance satellites worked;the ones that returned film from orbit.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1277 on: March 03, 2013, 01:37:07 PM »
My guess?  He doesn't think they did.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #1278 on: March 03, 2013, 03:57:32 PM »
My guess?  He doesn't think they did.
If he even knows about them.

Offline Daggerstab

• Earth
    • Badly Honed Bytes (my blog)
« Reply #1279 on: March 04, 2013, 02:14:47 PM »
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

After Glom, I am the second one honoured with a mention on Björkman's website!  8) Apparently, linking to him yesterday rankled him. :D

In other words, he's changed his page again - among other things, he tries to wrestle with the mass of the SIV-B (he gets an approximate number from Wikipedia that doesn't agree with the one in the Apollo 11 report, with predictable results). He's also added more attacks against NASA and his critics. The section where he complains about Glom has several interesting additions, starting with the introduction (new inserts are in green, as usually):
This evidently upsets many Apollo11hoaxsters! Apollo11hoaxster.net is an Internet forum run by NASA trying to make the impression that space travel works, etc. It goes, tragically, like this:

Run by NASA, huh? ::) Something must have made a mark! :D

The only modification to the paragraph describing Glom is the removal of "probably" from "has probably worked for NASA all his life". :D After that is the newly added paragraph about moi:

Another clown is Daggerstab. She thinks you can take long exposure photos when travelling at 7 500 m/s speed around Earth.

Nope, not clown. An assassin. Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre! :D

My username is a link leading to the picture I commented on in my last post. Its caption has evolved somewhat since the last time:
Above NASA "long exposure" photo (http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/573233main_image_2014_946-710.jpg) shows the space shuttle Atlantis, appearing like a bean sprout against clouds and city lights, on its way home braking through the atmosphere, as outlined above and below. It was allegedly long exposured taken by the Expedition 28 crew of the International Space Station. Airglow over Earth can be seen in the background if you have sharp eyes. I can just see clouds. The photo does not look real in my view, i.e. it is another NASA fake.

One of my ex NASA PR-agents Daggerstab wonders "Ever heard of "long exposure", Björkman?" He is another stupid NASA SF writer trying to make ends meet in Arizona! Try to make a long exposure of Earth below photo from a space vehicle at 7 500 m/s speed? Thanks for the PR!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Björkman, I find it curious that of all things written in my last post, you took issue only with the "long exposure" jab. Does this mean that you agree with everything else? And no word about my challenge? To repeat it: Why don't you contact the scientists and engineers that designed and built the Ariane 5 and ask them if Apollo/Saturn was real?

And what exactly is the problem with making a long exposure photo in low Earth orbit? I found a copy of the photo in a place that conserves EXIF metadata - http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/shuttle/sts-135/html/iss028e018218.html According to my EXIF reader, the exposure time was 1 second, which counts as "long" in my book. :) And spotting airglow in that picture doesn't require sharp eyes. (By the way, several sentences in the caption are plagiarized from the original NASA description, and it seems that this is not an exception.)

And also, Arizona? What are you smoking, Björkman? :D :D :D

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1280 on: March 04, 2013, 03:03:00 PM »
Sigh.  When is he going to learn that "doesn't look real to me" only means something if there's any reason to believe he could spot a real picture given a half-hour headstart to do research?

Oh, wait.  He isn't.  That would be learning something.

Glom, what was it like to work for NASA as an infant?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #1281 on: March 04, 2013, 07:16:53 PM »
Another clown is Daggerstab. She thinks you can take long exposure photos when travelling at 7 500 m/s speed around Earth.

One of my ex NASA PR-agents Daggerstab wonders "Ever heard of "long exposure", Björkman?" He is another stupid NASA SF writer trying to make ends meet in Arizona!

Gender confused much, there, Anders?
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #1282 on: March 04, 2013, 07:50:32 PM »
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

After Glom, I am the second one honoured with a mention on Björkman's website!  8) Apparently, linking to him yesterday rankled him. :D

In other words, he's changed his page again - among other things, he tries to wrestle with the mass of the SIV-B (he gets an approximate number from Wikipedia that doesn't agree with the one in the Apollo 11 report, with predictable results). He's also added more attacks against NASA and his critics. The section where he complains about Glom has several interesting additions, starting with the introduction (new inserts are in green, as usually):
This evidently upsets many Apollo11hoaxsters! Apollo11hoaxster.net is an Internet forum run by NASA trying to make the impression that space travel works, etc. It goes, tragically, like this:

Run by NASA, huh? ::) Something must have made a mark! :D

The only modification to the paragraph describing Glom is the removal of "probably" from "has probably worked for NASA all his life". :D After that is the newly added paragraph about moi:

Nope, not clown. An assassin. Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre! :D

My username is a link leading to the picture I commented on in my last post. Its caption has evolved somewhat since the last time:
Above NASA "long exposure" photo (http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/573233main_image_2014_946-710.jpg) shows the space shuttle Atlantis, appearing like a bean sprout against clouds and city lights, on its way home braking through the atmosphere, as outlined above and below. It was allegedly long exposured taken by the Expedition 28 crew of the International Space Station. Airglow over Earth can be seen in the background if you have sharp eyes. I can just see clouds. The photo does not look real in my view, i.e. it is another NASA fake.

One of my ex NASA PR-agents Daggerstab wonders "Ever heard of "long exposure", Björkman?" He is another stupid NASA SF writer trying to make ends meet in Arizona! Try to make a long exposure of Earth below photo from a space vehicle at 7 500 m/s speed? Thanks for the PR!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Björkman, I find it curious that of all things written in my last post, you took issue only with the "long exposure" jab. Does this mean that you agree with everything else? And no word about my challenge? To repeat it: Why don't you contact the scientists and engineers that designed and built the Ariane 5 and ask them if Apollo/Saturn was real?

And what exactly is the problem with making a long exposure photo in low Earth orbit? I found a copy of the photo in a place that conserves EXIF metadata - http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/shuttle/sts-135/html/iss028e018218.html According to my EXIF reader, the exposure time was 1 second, which counts as "long" in my book. :) And spotting airglow in that picture doesn't require sharp eyes. (By the way, several sentences in the caption are plagiarized from the original NASA description, and it seems that this is not an exception.)

And also, Arizona? What are you smoking, Björkman? :D :D :D

As if we had any doubts, this level of unprofessionalism on his page shows he is not an engineer, at least not one that values his credibility.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #1283 on: March 04, 2013, 08:55:56 PM »
If he wants to argue with someone in his native language (and about his age too), he could of course also talk to Sven Grahn: http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #1284 on: March 04, 2013, 09:13:16 PM »
If he wants to argue with someone in his native language (and about his age too), he could of course also talk to Sven Grahn: http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/

That hardly seems fair as Sven obviously knows what he is talking about, while Bjorkman simply doesn't.

Then again, anyone who has more than a passing familiarity with the Lunar missions would be more than a match for Bjorkman....the willful ignorance runs deep in that one.

edit to add....thanks, Peter B for that link. :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:16:14 PM by RAF »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #1285 on: March 04, 2013, 09:30:16 PM »

Ha, ha.... Ha, ha, ha

Manny Pacquiao v Pee Wee Herman would be fairer fight. How about he debate with Dolph Lundgren, someone who is more in his intellectual level.
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Chew

• Jupiter
« Reply #1286 on: March 04, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »

Ha, ha.... Ha, ha, ha

Manny Pacquiao v Pee Wee Herman would be fairer fight. How about he debate with Dolph Lundgren, someone who is more in his intellectual level.

Dude. Dolph Lundgren is very, very smart.

After graduating from high school with straight As, he spent some time in the United States in the late 1970s on various academic scholarships, studying chemistry at Washington State University and Clemson University.

[...]

In 1982, Lundgren graduated with a master's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Sydney, finishing with the highest results in his class. During his time in Sydney, he earned a living as a bouncer in a nightclub at the infamous King's Cross. He was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1983. However, while preparing for the move to Boston, he was spotted in the nightclub he worked at in Sydney and was hired by Grace Jones as a bodyguard.[17] He fell in love with Jones and their relationship developed dramatically, moving with her to New York City.Link

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1287 on: March 04, 2013, 10:18:24 PM »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #1288 on: March 04, 2013, 10:21:20 PM »

Dude. Dolph Lundgren is very, very smart.

I know, I was meaning more his "typecast" persona than him personally.

Of course, we shouldn't judge actors by the roles they play; I'm sure Arnie is smart too!

Hmmm. Now there s a thought!!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #1289 on: March 04, 2013, 10:38:02 PM »

http://www.cracked.com/article_15753_8-celebrities-you-didnt-know-were-geeks.html

Holy Moly.... Brian May!!!

I saw him on "Stargazing" a few nights ago as a guest of Prof. Brian Cox. He was introduced as "Dr Brian May" but I still didn't make the connection as to who he was.

I guess they must have known each other though their music connections as well, because from what I have heard, Brian Cox was quite rocker in his time.

Perhaps we need a webpage for "Scientists you didn't know were pot-smoking musos!!"