Author Topic: Another dangerous criminal off the streets  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Another dangerous criminal off the streets
« on: October 05, 2017, 07:13:45 AM »
I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Michigan mother jailed for refusing to vaccinate her son - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41504796

My sensitivity to this issue has only increased with the birth of my first nephew. I'm looking at getting a first jab present. Doesn't seem to be a thing but it should be. It looks easy enough to get a pillow customised. Maybe a picture of a happy phagocyte on it.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Another dangerous criminal off the streets
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 12:26:34 PM »
My kids had their first vaccinations before leaving the hospital.  But the doctor does give toys to kids who get vaccinated; when we went in last, Simon "helped pick out" a present for Irene, as they were both getting flu shots.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »
Yes, my initial response was to make a face like Grumpy Cat and mutter "Good!" when I read that.

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 12:50:47 AM »
Of course, this is just going to drive those anti-vaxxers crazy and make her a martyr of sorts.

Offline Glom

• Saturn
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 04:02:47 PM »
Yeah anti-vaxxers suck.

Also those multi-level marketing schemes. Though that's not a trigger issue for me. Intriguing though how they are able to operate with such impunity.