Author Topic: Jay the TV star  (Read 7368 times)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Jay the TV star
« on: July 20, 2019, 10:46:50 AM »
Given the day it is, there are wall to wall documentaries about A11. I laughed when our very own Jay rocked onto screen demonstrating how the Apollo cameras could not possibly capture stars.

He is without doubt as convincing and rigourously logical on screen as he is in text.

Ya got to love him and what he does.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: Jay the TV star
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 11:14:43 AM »
That desert was wall-to-wall scorpions.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 11:41:45 AM »
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 09:08:23 PM »
Selfies at the planetarium. There's a chunk of the Moon in that acrylic pyramid.

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 11:36:41 PM »
What's the suit in the background of the second piccie?

Looks like an A7LB but there is something strange about it; was it a Skylab suit?

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 11:55:21 PM »

Looks like an A7LB but there is something strange about it; was it a Skylab suit?
It's a training suit; I'm not sure of the model. Also it's just the outer garment. No PGA.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 12:24:19 AM »

It's a training suit; I'm not sure of the model. Also it's just the outer garment. No PGA.
Jay, it just ain't the same without your avatar bouffant wig. LOL.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 12:28:30 AM »
Selfies at the planetarium. There's a chunk of the Moon in that acrylic pyramid.
Interesting choice to encapsulate it in a pyramid.

I am absolutely certain some conspiracy wingnut could get serious mileage out of that.

Offline beedarko

• Earth
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 06:35:21 AM »

I am absolutely certain some conspiracy wingnut could get serious mileage out of that.

An acrylic pyramid is still a better choice than petrified wood. 

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 07:19:09 AM »

Our hero!  :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 09:44:59 AM »

To sharpen it. Duh.

;)

Offline Kiwi

• Mars
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 10:14:40 AM »
For the last four or five hours I've had one of those continuing, frustrating, nagging thoughts, "Where is it that I've seen that face at bottom right before?" (In the full-frontal photo with the suit.)

I knew it was in a kids' animated movie, but nothing more. Then a few minutes ago, while thinking of heading to bed because it's after 2 am on the 22nd here in Kiwiland, it came to me: Shrek!
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwlpe1ClMwEuflha_dPT5FPQ2GmA1gDk9l_5C8nhjMoq8Qcv5v

Now, I'm no graphics wizard and it's far too late to try, but from the great pool of talent here at ApolloHoax there must be somebody who can competently prove my claim as we should always do here:-- New ear; dark, semi-circular eyebrows; large, bright white teeth or tooth, and green skin.

Voila! Half-brother of Shrek.  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 10:21:38 AM by Kiwi »
Don't criticize what you can't understand. — Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin'” (1963)
Some people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices and superstitions. — Edward R. Murrow (1908–65)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2019, 11:34:25 AM »
For the last four or five hours I've had one of those continuing, frustrating, nagging thoughts, "Where is it that I've seen that face at bottom right before?" (In the full-frontal photo with the suit.)

I knew it was in a kids' animated movie, but nothing more. Then a few minutes ago, while thinking of heading to bed because it's after 2 am on the 22nd here in Kiwiland, it came to me: Shrek!
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwlpe1ClMwEuflha_dPT5FPQ2GmA1gDk9l_5C8nhjMoq8Qcv5v

Now, I'm no graphics wizard and it's far too late to try, but from the great pool of talent here at ApolloHoax there must be somebody who can competently prove my claim as we should always do here:-- New ear; dark, semi-circular eyebrows; large, bright white teeth or tooth, and green skin.

Voila! Half-brother of Shrek.  :)

Now that is funny.  8)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2019, 12:36:20 PM »

You could make it the new T-shirt.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2019, 01:05:49 PM »
What's this? The Apollo 50th or take the mick out of Jay week?

LMAO