Author Topic: Apollo 15 Flag movement  (Read 26869 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Apollo 15 Flag movement
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2016, 03:04:14 PM »
Look at the size of the reflection of the sun in the astronaut's visor at the beginning of this video.

The reflection of the sun on a convex surface is much smaller than that.  That's the reflection of a large light.

Watch this video: and read Blisterhiker's excellent comment.
Betamax101 does a great job in his vids. :)
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
Re: Apollo 15 Flag movement
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2016, 11:29:05 AM »
We're conditioned by society, I think, to look for smoking guns.  But, when it comes to this sort of thing, there aren't any.  Everything is a part of the picture.  Every piece must fit or else you're looking at the puzzle wrong.
It is a bunch of woo-woo voodoo to attempt to show that they are smarter than all the people who worked on the project over the dozen or so years.

I think it's more ubiquitous than that.  I think the "smoking gun" thinking slips into most people, and it's just that some train themselves back out of it.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates