Author Topic: Third astronaunt in lunar surface imaged.  (Read 5643 times)

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Third astronaunt in lunar surface imaged.
« on: November 08, 2016, 06:01:02 PM »
While doing a bit of research today, I ran onto this piece of junk.
https://aplanetruth.info/6-how-did-we-go-to-the-moon-the-nasa-pictures/

About a 1/3 of the way down this person starts talking about images of a third astronaut on the surface.  The first is during A11 Aldrin with LEM, Armstrong in the visor don't know where a third might be.  But then on the next page from A12 an image of Bean holding a sample container with Conrad in the visor, and wait there is another astronaut image in the visor.  The original image https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a12/AS12-49-7278HR.jpg
does not show anyone else with only Conrad in the visor.  Do any of you long timers remember this little bit of claim of fakery?
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
Re: Third astronaunt in lunar surface imaged.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 07:41:39 PM »
It's been photoshopped. There are also worthless Jack White claims, shown wrong almost a decade ago.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 09:16:21 PM »
It's been photoshopped. There are also worthless Jack White claims, shown wrong almost a decade ago.

Well of course.  Anybody claim responsibility or catch the fat finger??
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 09:20:56 PM »

Scrolling down further I see the reference to Jack White as I saw many of his claims.  He probably photoshopped the extra man into the visor.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 09:50:15 PM »
Actually, that comes from the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal under the "Fun Stuff" section that includes a lot of artwork and photoshops.  This is the caption:

The Real Secret of Apollo 12
David Harland (tongue firmly in cheek) has released a previously unknown Apollo 12 picture of Al Bean. The picture was taken by Pete Conrad, whose reflection is clearly visible in the center of Al's faceplate. Note, however, the reflection of a third astronaut, presumably Command Module Pilot Dick Gordon. What is amazing about this picture is the apparent fact that the Apollo 12 crew was able to keep secret Gordon's presence on the lunar surface for so long a time. The picture is similar to AS12-49-7278.

The thing is, Harland's image was not generally distributed.  The Hoax-tard copied it from ALSJ and left-off the caption that clearly shows the image is 'shopped (and who did it) and that it is a joke.  This blatant dishonesty is typical of Hoax proponents and reminds me of studies done a while back linking conspiracy belief to the projection of one's own morality (or lack thereof).  Link
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 10:34:00 PM »
Actually, that comes from the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal under the "Fun Stuff" section that includes a lot of artwork and photoshops.  This is the caption:

The Real Secret of Apollo 12
David Harland (tongue firmly in cheek) has released a previously unknown Apollo 12 picture of Al Bean. The picture was taken by Pete Conrad, whose reflection is clearly visible in the center of Al's faceplate. Note, however, the reflection of a third astronaut, presumably Command Module Pilot Dick Gordon. What is amazing about this picture is the apparent fact that the Apollo 12 crew was able to keep secret Gordon's presence on the lunar surface for so long a time. The picture is similar to AS12-49-7278.

The thing is, Harland's image was not generally distributed.  The Hoax-tard copied it from ALSJ and left-off the caption that clearly shows the image is 'shopped (and who did it) and that it is a joke.  This blatant dishonesty is typical of Hoax proponents and reminds me of studies done a while back linking conspiracy belief to the projection of one's own morality (or lack thereof).  Link
Thanks for the info, but I don't see any caption on the image, yes on the paragraph that describes the image.  Oh well learn something everyday.
Eugene Cernan

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 04:10:12 PM »

Part of that is cribbed from Kevin Overstreet's old web page, which he has long since disavowed as a teenage lark.  As part of his penance, for several years he managed the server that hosts clavius.org.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 04:30:41 PM »

Part of that is cribbed from Kevin Overstreet's old web page, which he has long since disavowed as a teenage lark.  As part of his penance, for several years he managed the server that hosts clavius.org.

It is good to hear about someone that saw the light.
Eugene Cernan

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 04:57:15 PM »

He never seriously believed it anyway.  It was a teenage prank that unfortunately some people still take seriously.  Years later, when I finally met and worked with him, he was (and still is) a sincere fan of space exploration.  He had Apollo photo prints in his office.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 05:09:12 PM »

He never seriously believed it anyway.  It was a teenage prank that unfortunately some people still take seriously.  Years later, when I finally met and worked with him, he was (and still is) a sincere fan of space exploration.  He had Apollo photo prints in his office.

You have been busy accumulating sources and information about Apollo and the deniers over the years.  I'm glad you started the Crusade whenever it was.  And you are still an active source of information for we that follow.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Rob48

• Venus
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 06:10:34 AM »
And where are those dang billions and billions of stars we see in space from Earth at night?

The Moon is so reflective that it lights up or Earth at night so bright we can see easily during a full moon, yet Moon’s surface is a dull, dusty least reflecting color, gray.

I love hoax sites that answer their own questions. If only they realised that is what they have done here...  :D

Offline AstroBrant

• Mars
  • Yes, we did.
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 01:52:26 PM »

Reminds me of the video clip of "Armstrong" jumping off the LM ladder and getting hit by a falling light fixture. He was a space fan, too, and did it as a joke. Jay, I believe you said you knew him as well. BTW, my video which includes that, among four other actual hoaxes that hoax nuts fell for, is on YouTube now:
May your skies be clear and your thinking even clearer.
(Youtube: astrobrant2)

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 03:10:49 PM »
And where are those dang billions and billions of stars we see in space from Earth at night?

The Moon is so reflective that it lights up or Earth at night so bright we can see easily during a full moon, yet Moon’s surface is a dull, dusty least reflecting color, gray.

I love hoax sites that answer their own questions. If only they realised that is what they have done here...  :D

My favorite are the conspiretards who say, "Any idiot with half a brain knows it was faked."  This might be the most accurate observation (and the most honest self-evaluation) they have ever made.  Too bad they don't realize it.
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline VQ

• Earth
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 05:09:07 AM »
Reminds me of the video clip of "Armstrong" jumping off the LM ladder and getting hit by a falling light fixture.

Hadn't seen this before; hilarious.