Author Topic: Third party evidence form multible sources is ignored.Why  (Read 5346 times)

Offline godscountry

• Mercury
Third party evidence form multible sources is ignored.Why
« on: May 20, 2016, 09:21:54 AM »
How can anyone  ignore all the evidence ? I see this over and over,no matter how good the evidence is,the hoaxer's say,well their lying.LOL Such as the tracking data from multible sources including Jodrell Bank in the UK,which even provided a graph of Neils ascent to the surface,Dr.James Van Allen's quotes and discussion about the Van Allen radiation  Belts.Apollo is so well documented,it was not a one time event,we have documentation on 9 manned flights to the moon,including the 6 landing's,I hear people asking the same questions ,that were asked 40 years ago.I just don't get it.How come I can find all this data and the hoaxer's cant ?I even found the Rover operation manual,all you have to do is look and someone somewhere will have a answer to your question..

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Third party evidence form multible sources is ignored.Why
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 09:29:08 AM »
One tends sees what one is expecting to see and ignores that which refute your position.  Seeing the simplistic, and incorrect, observations is easy to embrace if one has a mind to attempt to cry foul considering Apollo.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 10:39:28 AM »
Just the way that true believers behave.  Just look at the EU referendum campaign, loads of economists, etc all saying that leaving the EU would have a negative impact on the UK economy, and every time the leave campaigners answer is "They're wrong".  No explanation needed.
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 11:18:07 AM »
The recipe for the conspiracy theorist mindset is as follows:
Take one large empty tin from the badly-educated pile. Whip up some confirmation bias, mixed in a massive dollop of the Dunnings-Kruger effect and sprinkle with a topping of stupidity. Bake for 6 hours at 180 degrees in the YouTube oven marked "Wilful Ignorance" and then serve immediately with an unhealthy dose of persecution complex.

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 12:28:31 PM »
For a lot of people, I think possibly they don't know how to research.  It is a skill, after all, and if you haven't learned it, it's easy to be led astray.  Easier, anyway.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »
For a lot of people, I think possibly they don't know how to research.  It is a skill, after all, and if you haven't learned it, it's easy to be led astray.  Easier, anyway.
It is easier to watch a video and say, "You tell it like it is!"  Instead of asking questions of the hoaxers that leads to research.  Research, as you said if they know how, is so much more difficult, much easier to accept the fools belief
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 07:20:19 PM »
I hear people asking the same questions that were asked 40 years ago. I just don't get it. How come I can find all this data and the hoaxer's cant ?

Because:

1. HBs don't/can't/won't do research. They know that if they do, then what they find will disturb their carefully crafted (and utterly flawed) worldview.

2. HBs do the opposite of science. They look only for what supports their claim, and dismiss anything that does not fit as lies, deceit, corruption or mistakes.

If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 07:52:04 PM »
It is easier to watch a video and say, "You tell it like it is!"  Instead of asking questions of the hoaxers that leads to research.  Research, as you said if they know how, is so much more difficult, much easier to accept the fools belief

There are a several of those HBs, in particular the Blunder from Down Under, who hate having their opinions questioned, to the point that they become abusive, rude and use plenty of foul language when anyone questions their conclusions or points out where they have made errors.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:42:05 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 05:25:21 PM »

There are a several of those HBs, in particular the Blunder from Down Under, who hate having their opinions questioned, to the point that they become abusive, rude and use plenty of foul language when anyone questions their conclusions or points out where they have made errors.
A method of delivery that many of them exhibit. 
Eugene Cernan

Offline scooter

• Venus
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 12:27:11 PM »
HBs have no interest in spaceflight, the science, engineering, mission profiles, hardware....all they are interested in is the hoax angle. Their ignorance is very telling. All that science and mechanical stuff is just soooo boring...really unfortunate.

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »
HBs have no interest in spaceflight, the science, engineering, mission profiles, hardware....all they are interested in is the hoax angle. Their ignorance is very telling. All that science and mechanical stuff is just soooo boring...really unfortunate.

I hate to sound supportive of blunderboy but he is pretty enthusiastic about SpaceX which of course is why he's being very careful of late to not antagonize his fan-base by posting videos about the stage 1 landings. I've always felt that he either knew or eventually realized the landings were real but is to pig-headed to admit he lashed his horse to the wrong wagon. Now he can maintain an anti-NASA attitude while cheering on SpaceX.

update: Heehee! I seen he's made a video telling flat-Earthers and the "space travel is impossible" loons to vacate his site. Not going over well with his fans.  ;D

Offline Grashtel

• Venus
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 06:18:56 PM »
I hate to sound supportive of blunderboy but he is pretty enthusiastic about SpaceX which of course is why he's being very careful of late to not antagonize his fan-base by posting videos about the stage 1 landings. I've always felt that he either knew or eventually realized the landings were real but is to pig-headed to admit he lashed his horse to the wrong wagon. Now he can maintain an anti-NASA attitude while cheering on SpaceX.
I wonder how he will react when/if (IMO more likely when) SpaceX lands something on the Moon, quite possibly a rover that gets pictures of an Apollo site, should be entertaining I think
"Any technology, no matter how primitive, is magic to those who don't understand it." -Florence Ambrose

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 09:13:45 PM »

update: Heehee! I seen he's made a video telling flat-Earthers and the "space travel is impossible" loons to vacate his site. Not going over well with his fans.  ;D

You may be right, but I think like most HB's he has too much capital invested in the hoax theory to just up and drop it now.  Besides he has all the fans cheering him on in his stupid videos.  His supporters ask more evidence from NASA than from the Blunder, if they only would examine the evidence correctly they would see the errors.  But alas they are lazy and just want to believe he has NASA on the ropes with his "brilliant" discoveries.
Eugene Cernan

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 05:10:11 AM »
How can anyone  ignore all the evidence?

One word: Dishonesty