Author Topic: Long Live the Revolution  (Read 6203 times)

Offline LionKing

• Mars
Re: Long Live the Revolution
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 05:46:11 PM »
When it rains, do the roads flood and cause a huge traffic jam in your countries? Is this normal to have this out there or does it cause some minister to resign if it happens?
Might be a stupid question, but some mentioned long time ago that such floods happen outside where the infrastructure should be good and it is not that it is not that abnormal ..
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 07:18:29 AM »
When it rains, do the roads flood and cause a huge traffic jam in your countries? Is this normal to have this out there or does it cause some minister to resign if it happens?
Might be a stupid question, but some mentioned long time ago that such floods happen outside where the infrastructure should be good and it is not that it is not that abnormal ..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-50451393
https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/warnings

Our infrastructures are not able to cope with the early effects of climate change. This level of flooding is now a yearly event in the UK
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 10:56:28 AM »
I mean, the US has serious infrastructure problems, but I also live in a region with a lot of rivers.  We have regular floods that are only getting worse.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline LionKing

• Mars
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 01:19:48 PM »
I am talking about areas where rains are expected.. no rivers ..
“When you go through a hard period,
When everything seems to oppose you,
... When you feel you cannot even bear one more minute,
NEVER GIVE UP!
Because it is the time and place that the course will divert!”
 Rumi

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2019, 10:54:27 AM »
I also live in a rainforest.  Our flooding comes when heavy rains along the rivers' lengths raises the water level there.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates