Author Topic: Vivian Kubrick  (Read 5008 times)

Offline Bryanpoprobson

• Jupiter
  • Another Clown
Vivian Kubrick
« on: July 06, 2016, 04:24:22 AM »
Vivian Kubrick, the daughter of Stanley Kubrick, has chosen the moment of Juno's arrival at Jupiter to speak out against those so called "truthers," who have continually linked her late father to the Apollo Hoax Theories.
Hopefully this will serve as a final nail in the coffin of these idiots.

https://twitter.com/ViKu1111/status/750231247994155009/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
"Wise men speak because they have something to say!" "Fools speak, because they have to say something!" (Plato)

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
Re: Vivian Kubrick
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 06:45:30 AM »
She's grown up a bit since the last time I saw her.

8)
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 07:21:56 AM »

In your dreams...

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 08:22:51 AM »

In your dreams...
From When Angels Wept (an alternative history of the Cuban Missile Crisis) by Eric G. Swedin:

"The keys to a successful conspiracy theory are a perverse ignorance of the facts and ignorance of how human affairs actually unfold."

"There is nothing like a conspiracy theorist to make a professional historian chew on the edge of his or her desk like a beaver driven mad."

Offline Sus_pilot

• Mars
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 08:24:23 AM »

8)
I wonder if she ever got that bush baby...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 08:27:37 AM »

8)

I never read the credits to see her name, you learn something every day.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 08:33:25 AM »
Vivian Kubrick, the daughter of Stanley Kubrick, has chosen the moment of Juno's arrival at Jupiter to speak out against those so called "truthers," who have continually linked her late father to the Apollo Hoax Theories.

https://twitter.com/ViKu1111/status/750231247994155009/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
I doubt that the hard core hoaxers will stop.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 08:01:18 AM »

8)
I wonder if she ever got that bush baby...

Possibly not, but Joan Aldrin got a monkey: http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-joan-aldrin-20150802-story.html

She found the first year of marriage difficult with her quirky pilot husband, who gave her an unruly monkey named PoPo II as a Christmas present...

Somewhere I have a Life magazine from 1965 about the astronauts (it post-dates Gemini 3 but not Gemini 4) which features a picture of Aldrin with a monkey he brought back from some overseas training course. Those wacky astronauts...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 08:13:32 AM »

Possibly not, but Joan Aldrin got a monkey: http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-joan-aldrin-20150802-story.html

She found the first year of marriage difficult with her quirky pilot husband, who gave her an unruly monkey named PoPo II as a Christmas present...

Somewhere I have a Life magazine from 1965 about the astronauts (it post-dates Gemini 3 but not Gemini 4) which features a picture of Aldrin with a monkey he brought back from some overseas training course. Those wacky astronauts...

My wife read the Astronauts' Wife Club relating to many of the marital problems caused by the Space program.  Quite possibly it really had to do with their husbands jet jockey mentality coupled with long term separations and the "perception" of being the "perfect wife" doing the household duties.
Eugene Cernan