Author Topic: Moon Rocks and the Absence of Regolith  (Read 48969 times)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: Moon Rocks and the Absence of Regolith
« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2019, 03:00:42 AM »
So jr Knowing has visited every day since at least Saturday, yet refuses to acknowledge or answer his interlocutors.
Wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice is not a good look. It's strange why so many conspiracy believers choose to adopt this pose.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2019, 05:19:39 AM »
So jr Knowing has visited every day since at least Saturday, yet refuses to acknowledge or answer his interlocutors.
Wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice is not a good look. It's strange why so many conspiracy believers choose to adopt this pose.

I always considered that to be more of a troll attribute. You know, lob in a hand grenade and stand back to watch the reactions.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2019, 06:10:47 AM »

I always considered that to be more of a troll attribute. You know, lob in a hand grenade and stand back to watch the reactions.

Except in this case his hand grenade merely fizzled and was promptly rammed up somewhere that jr knowing didn't want it ramming.  ;D
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2019, 06:12:17 AM »
I think he must have counted to five before lobbing it.

Offline ineluki

• Earth
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2019, 07:23:47 AM »
It's strange why so many conspiracy believers choose to adopt this pose.

Because IMHO very few "believers" are actually honest believers...
Their need to believe in a world full of conspiracies makes them immune against any kind of reason and logic.

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2019, 09:08:43 AM »
Here I think it's purely narcissistic.  He's checking in to see how much attention he's still being paid.  Conspiracy theories help a narcissist in two ways.  They provide something they can pontificate about and thereby pretend to be superior to the sheeple.  And conversely they provide an excuse for when they get things wrong.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2019, 05:47:43 AM »
I think he must have counted to five before lobbing it.

Not possible.

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2019, 07:38:26 AM »
That is a great movie, but I believe that our antagonist would not understand anything, since he has demonstrated no scientific understanding in all of his spam threads.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2019, 04:03:05 PM »
Must be my natural optimistic belief in people. I think his absence is because he heeded my advice about reading some books on the subject! I won't let the fact that no HB has ever done so in the past dis-way me. Not that I'm aware of at any rate.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #204 on: April 23, 2019, 02:44:38 AM »
Must be my natural optimistic belief in people. I think his absence is because he heeded my advice about reading some books on the subject! I won't let the fact that no HB has ever done so in the past dis-way me. Not that I'm aware of at any rate.

Let us know how that works out for you.... ;D

Offline mako88sb

• Mars
« Reply #205 on: April 23, 2019, 04:31:50 PM »

Let us know how that works out for you.... ;D

Yeah, what was I thinking? There's a reason I only allow myself to have a couple drinks a year.   

Offline MBDK

• Earth
  • BANNED
« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2019, 05:25:34 PM »
Wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice is not a good look.
Although your "intellectual cowardice" is probably more accurately descriptive, when someone abandons a debate for no stated reason, I prefer to use the term "intellectual surrender".
"It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to." - W. C. Fields

"Laugh-a while you can, monkey-boy." - Lord John Whorfin

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #207 on: June 16, 2019, 03:32:39 AM »
I'm struggling with the 'intellectual' bit...

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #208 on: June 16, 2019, 01:09:45 PM »
Sure, but I am all good with the "surrender" part. I note that Willis has also vanished from UM.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #209 on: June 16, 2019, 02:29:08 PM »
Sure, but I am all good with the "surrender" part. I note that Willis has also vanished from UM.

Yes he refuses to discuss any topic except the dust on S 3 lander and how/when it occurred.  Even though he open dialog on many of the points besides dust on the lander.  Maybe he is waiting for Jul 20 when "John" releases his documents proving a hoax.  I'm not holding my breathe as I don't believe there will be anything new or astonishing is proving a hoax.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan