Author Topic: Logging in and out, staying logged in, being logged out.  (Read 12065 times)

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
  • The Truth is Out There...
Logging in and out, staying logged in, being logged out.
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:55:34 PM »
Or something like that.

LO, I noticed the other day, when that database error kept me from logging in, that since then, I do not stay logged in, and have to log in sometimes three times in one session in order to stay logged in. In other words, at the first login attempt (with "stay logged in" checked) I'll click the "Login" button, the page will refresh, but the forms will be empty and no login. Sometimes I have had to do this as many as three times, although mostly it's only twice before it "catches" and logs me in.

Kinda reminds me of how Roosa must have felt at LM extraction during the TLI coast...

Anything I'm doing wrong?
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Logging in and out, staying logged in, being logged out.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 08:45:02 AM »
Or something like that.

LO, I noticed the other day, when that database error kept me from logging in, that since then, I do not stay logged in, and have to log in sometimes three times in one session in order to stay logged in. In other words, at the first login attempt (with "stay logged in" checked) I'll click the "Login" button, the page will refresh, but the forms will be empty and no login. Sometimes I have had to do this as many as three times, although mostly it's only twice before it "catches" and logs me in.

Kinda reminds me of how Roosa must have felt at LM extraction during the TLI coast...

Anything I'm doing wrong?
I haven't noticed similar problems.  Maybe there is a cookie in your PC that is causing the problem.  This is a suggestion but perhaps clean you temp internet files and see if that helps
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 10:27:55 PM »
Thought of that immediately after I hit the "Post" button.

Didn't have any effect...
You don't "believe" that the lunar landings happened. You either understand the science or you don't.

If the lessons of history teach us any one thing, it is that no one learns the lessons that history teaches...

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 11:20:16 PM »
I think bknight is on the right track. Your login state is stored by your browser as a cookie, and usually you can fix issues like that by clearing your browser's cache. Which browser do you use?
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Ishkabibble

• Earth
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 11:39:28 PM »
Firefox