Author Topic: An analysis of 1960's special effects Lunar footage  (Read 15650 times)

Offline Glom

• Saturn
Re: Re: An analysis of 1960's special effects Lunar footage
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 12:06:49 PM »
Where would they put anything, I wonder? Every astronaut who went EVA during Gemini reported having considerable difficulty re-entering the spacecraft. (Well, except Buzz Aldrin, who probably just wouldn't admit it.)

Gene Cernan recounts how Stafford was pulled aside before the Gemini 9 launch and told to cut him loose if it came to it. Cernan of course didn't find out until much later.

His recount of ingress was pretty stressful reading too.

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: An analysis of 1960's special effects Lunar footage
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »
That's pretty cold, but if the question was two dead astronauts or one . . . :o

Offline gtvc

• Venus
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
The Gemini capsule looks cool and I remember in the movie the astronaut later needs to find the shelter module with food to sleep (and wait the rescue ship) and that one looks like the Apollo lunar module with lights but can't fly, he finds the Russian capsule on the moon with the cosmonaut dead he came first and after hours lost on the moon looking for the lunar shelter and running out of air he finally finds the shelter before the movie ends and.....the end :P  ::)  :P

Offline Count Zero

• Mars
  • Pad 39A July 14,1969
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 01:12:12 AM »
"What makes one step a giant leap is all the steps before."

Offline Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Mars
    • evilscience
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 12:46:43 PM »
The Gemini capsule looks cool and I remember in the movie the astronaut later needs to find the shelter module with food to sleep (and wait the rescue ship) and that one looks like the Apollo lunar module with lights but can't fly, he finds the Russian capsule on the moon with the cosmonaut dead he came first and after hours lost on the moon looking for the lunar shelter and running out of air he finally finds the shelter before the movie ends and.....the end :P  ::)  :P

Sounds a bit like Apollo 18: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_18_(film)
Formerly Supermeerkat. Like you care.

Offline nomuse

• Jupiter
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 10:38:26 PM »
I looked at a 1970's depiction of a lunar outpost, but I couldn't get past the purple wigs.

Offline ipearse

• Venus
  • There is no such thing as a stupid question
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 05:00:33 PM »
I looked at a 1970's depiction of a lunar outpost, but I couldn't get past the purple wigs.

Gerry Anderson's UFO by any chance?   :) Gotta love those silver outfits...

That's one thing I liked about Moonbase 3... they wore "ordinary" clothing, no fancy "futuristic" outfits.
"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but we cannot live in the cradle forever" - Konstantin Tsiolkovski

Offline RAF

• Mars
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 11:30:19 PM »