Author Topic: When will the loons start to claim that Chang’e 3 is a hoax?  (Read 28562 times)

Offline Obviousman

• Jupiter
Re: When will the loons start to claim that Chang’e 3 is a hoax?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 01:02:37 AM »
<HB Mode ON>
Of course it's faked. The US and Russia, however, won't blow the whistle because China didn't blow the whilstle they faked their missions; if they did point out it was faked, China would do the same to them. Since none of them want to lose face, they keep silent about each others fakery.
<HB Mode OFF>

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 09:45:01 AM »
Did it land close enough to any of the Apollo sites that the rover could pay them a visit?
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth.
I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.
I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- Neil Armstrong (1930-2012)

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »
Did it land close enough to any of the Apollo sites that the rover could pay them a visit?

Nowhere near. It landed in the Sinus Iridium. The nearest Apollo site would A15 at Hadley Rille, roughly 1000Km away.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 10:35:25 AM »
Nowhere near. It landed in the Sinus Iridium. The nearest Apollo site would A15 at Hadley Rille, roughly 1000Km away.
It actually landed in the Mare Imbrium, but that doesn't alter the situation re other sites.
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 10:57:11 AM »
Nowhere near.

Well that's disappointing.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 11:19:33 AM »
That's a 200 day drive, if it goes non-stop. Doubt it would last that long. What's the longest endurance of an off-world rover? Distance and time?
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline LunarOrbit

• Administrator
  • Saturn
    • ApolloHoax.net
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 11:38:10 AM »
The Opportunity rover has driven almost 40km since 2004. So I doubt 1000km is a realistic goal for the Chinese lunar rover.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »
It actually landed in the Mare Imbrium, but that doesn't alter the situation re other sites.

Yes, most websites are saying Sinus Iridium but the location of the landing site is  44.1260°N 19.5014°W. Thats the Mare Imbrium, and the nearest named crater is Laplace F.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »
The Opportunity rover has driven almost 40km since 2004. So I doubt 1000km is a realistic goal for the Chinese lunar rover.

Impressive.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2013, 03:57:28 PM »
That's a 200 day drive, if it goes non-stop. Doubt it would last that long. What's the longest endurance of an off-world rover? Distance and time?

According to Leonard David's article on space.com, Jade Rabbit is designed to function for 12 months. 
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »
I couldn't help but notice how today's photos show non-parallel shadows. That raises an intersting question to the HB crowd who want the Yutu to discredit Apollo. Also where the hell is the blast crater??
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline gwiz

• Mars
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 09:12:01 AM »
Lunokhod 2 went slightly further, but in a much shorter time.  The lunar environment is probably a lot more hostile than Mars for a rover, due to the greater temperature range and the abrasive lunar dust.
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind - Terry Pratchett
...the ascent module ... took off like a rocket - Moon Man

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 04:15:19 PM »
Here's footage of the descent and touchdown

Ohh, there's no stars. And there's no blast crater.

::) ::)

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 06:10:29 PM »
Here's footage of the descent and touchdown

Nice video.  I really enjoyed the self similar look of the random pattern of craters on surface.  As small craters became big craters  during the descent the even smaller ones came into view to replace them.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 08:14:00 PM »
You beat me to it! I was also going to say that this was a beautiful illustration of the fractal nature of the surface. It does make it hard to know your altitude until the dust starts blowing around.

And there's no visible plume.

And no crater.

I can't wait to hear what Hunchbacked, Jarrah White and all their sycophants have to say about this...