Author Topic: SpaceX sending two people around the Moon in 2018  (Read 6330 times)

Online Zakalwe

• Uranus
Re: SpaceX sending two people around the Moon in 2018
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 06:15:08 PM »
$632??? He should get in touch with Adrian....apparently there's a growing legion of whisperers that would surely support him! ::)
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: SpaceX sending two people around the Moon in 2018
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 05:26:33 PM »
This, if it goes off, might help with some fence sitters.
I mean, it's one thing to perhaps convince some military people to play along with a hoax (ignoring Harrison Schmitt and, of course, the thousands of other people who would have to know), but these are paying customers, customers who will have paid a LOT of money, more money than 99% of people on Earth will see their whole lives to go on this trip if it's even half the the cost Space Adventures posted for their Soyuz based Lunar Flyby. These are going to be rich, powerful people, and  telling them 'sorry, it's not happening' is, wow, it's even less conceivable than usual.
Still, for the hardcore fanatics, I am sure it won't matter a damn wit. That said, I'd love to see this too. We've been paddling around the bay too long. Lots of great science has been done, but I want us out there.
"First star to the left and straight on until morning."