Author Topic: You Know You've Gone Over The Edge When.......  (Read 5844 times)

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
You Know You've Gone Over The Edge When.......
« on: October 28, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »

... Paris Hilton uses you as a Halloween costume.

Other examples, anyone?
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: You Know You've Gone Over The Edge When.......
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 11:48:36 PM »
. . . when you use Paris Hilton as a Halloween costume.  :o

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 01:46:19 PM »
I think she looks rather sexy in that costume. Which leads me to fear that I've gone over the edge! :o  :)
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 03:46:40 PM »
I still can't understand why that woman is at all known outside her own immediate family. I guess she's the archetype of the celebrity -- someone who is well known simply for being well known.

Now her grandfather, on the other hand, seems to have been an interesting guy. Aside from building a large hotel chain he said some great lines, including one I like to quote:

The older I get, the less sure I am of anything. The only thing I'm still sure of is that it's better to take a shower with the curtain on the inside of the tub.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:48:37 PM by ka9q »

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »
Most of her fame comes from being willing to expose herself - not just showing skin, but showing herself to be the archetype of the clueless blonde. That gives people the ability to look at her and NOT envy her, even though she's skinny, rich and pretty.

EDIT: I don't think she's as stupid as she appears to be, but she's certainly an extroverted exhibitionist.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 06:42:20 PM »
But which Hilton would you rather see in a skimpy Halloween costume, Paris or her Grandfather? 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 07:06:42 PM »
. . . Neither?
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 09:33:30 PM »
LOL
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett