Author Topic: Marcus Allen interview on THA Talks  (Read 7005 times)

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Marcus Allen interview on THA Talks
« on: September 04, 2014, 01:11:56 AM »
In a follow up interview on the internet radio station THA Talks to the one with Bart Sibrel, Marcus Allen shows up to spout his nonsense.

http://thatalks.com/edition41/

He demonstrates his ignorance about the VAB and the Saturn V rocket, and makes the usual BS claims about the lunar set being a model and all done with projector screens and magic and stuff. My favourite one is that the backgrounds to Apollo images are all bland and with little detail - which is patent nonsense as anyone who has carefully looked at the photos knows.

I think what's more revealing is that he is talking loud but saying nothing - he manages to fill quite a substantial amount of radio time without actually saying anything specific, it's all JAQ-ing off.

He claims the USSR's silence was bought with the supply of pipes their gas network and US grain.

Unbelievably, he vomits up the old 'petrified wood' furball as a serious argument.

Do listen out for the power of constructive memory from one of the co-presenters!

I got bored listening to the show after a while, because he just churns out the same old tired nonsense, feel free to fill in any gaps. Like the one under his nose.

He does at least dismiss the notion that Kubrick had anything to do with it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 01:18:48 AM by onebigmonkey »

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: Marcus Allen interview on THA Talks
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 01:32:21 AM »
His final statement is to ask people who have the evidence that proves him wrong to get in touch, either via the radio station or through his magazine's website.

:D

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 02:06:49 AM »
Hmm, stepping up to the plate after striking out and publicly recanting while at the BIS. (warning, big image)
What a bunch of BS.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 02:36:33 AM »
Didn't expect him to change his mind for long, though.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline dwight

• Jupiter
    • Live Tv From the Moon
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 03:59:22 PM »
Is there _any_ hoax believer who doesn't show themselves up to be a no good liar at all on this planet?
"Honeysuckle TV on line!"

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 04:36:37 PM »
Is there _any_ hoax believer who doesn't show themselves up to be a no good liar at all on this planet?

I suppose there are, but they are the "silent" hoax believers. Those who engage in debate (particularly in public) will soon run face-first into facts. They must then either examine their own thinking, or deny the facts they have encountered. So, prolonged and stubborn hoax believers are likely those who are "reality-challenged," in that they must play fast and loose with the truth, or admit that they are wrong.

Offline sts60

• Mars
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 05:30:04 PM »
Like DavidC/rocky/cosmored/FatFreddy88, who is so absolutely entrenched in his belief that Apollo was hoaxed that he refuses to consider that anyone could honestly believe Apollo happened.  Think about that: he literally can't accept that someone could even be wrong.  If you disagree with him, or fail to agree with his interpretation of some video, you are automatically a liar - a "disinformation agent".

The hilarious aspect of this is that he is not only a liar, who predictably dodges when one of his guarantees blows up in his face, but also a spectacular hypocrite, what with his loyalty tests and monomaniacal reference to a list of "disinformation agent" behaviors - a test on which he himself scores very nicely.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 08:29:05 AM »
Marcus is still at it from a seminar 9/11/2016.

I didn't listen past the initial introduction and date announcement, but I will listen to a bit later today.  This should put to rest the thought that he had reconsidered his position on the Apollo missions.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 10:23:06 AM »
Follow the money.
He's the publisher and distributor of the woo magazine Nexus. If he publicly said that the Apollo program happened as described then he'd be saying that the content of his crappy magazine was garbage. You don't see many greengrocers telling everyone that their cucumbers are rotten at the core, so i wouldn't expect a charlatan like Allen to do likewise.
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 11:03:22 AM »
Follow the money.

Oh I agree with that thought.  There was some chat on the board last year that he had met with a group of scientists and he "reformed" to a more consistent understanding of the Apollo missions.  I was suspicious of those comments simply because he is a con man selling snake oil to uneducated people.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan