Author Topic: Photos of the landing sites from earth  (Read 14514 times)

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
Re: Photos of the landing sites from earth
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 02:27:32 PM »
Picture 2 could be an electron microscope shot of a sperm fertilising an ovum for all the detail it shows!

Yep, it could be any durn thing, really. It does bear a structural similarity to smartcooky's image though.

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 04:06:59 PM »
I asked him for a link to the source and Im still waiting for it.[/center]

Anything thats asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Most hoaxies seem to be incapable of accepting this. Your acquaintance has thrown two random images at you and that's supposed to completely overturn the whole program? <sounds of the bottom of a barrel being  scraped over and over>
"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 03:33:52 AM »
"This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels."

--Roger Ebert, who told me once that he thought we were doing good work by battling hoax belief.  Though, alas, he was a JFK conspiracist.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 02:27:48 PM »
Picture 2 reminds me of an old film showing helium being cooled below critical temperature.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 04:34:33 PM »
It reminded me of the danish ring-castles from the Viking age - Trelleborg and the others.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 05:21:33 PM »
It reminds me that my prostate needs checking out.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 06:16:45 PM »

TMI  :o
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 06:45:09 PM »

That is on a "need to know"-basis - and I don't need to know!
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 08:54:05 AM »
"This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels."

--Roger Ebert, who told me once that he thought we were doing good work by battling hoax belief.  Though, alas, he was a JFK conspiracist.

Hah, that's funny, and for some reason (don't ask me why) it reminds me of a quote from a book I once read by English actor David Niven.

He and Errol Flynn were filming "The Charge of the Light Brigade" a 1936 movie directed by Austro-Hungarian director Michael Curtiz; who was not exactly known for his command of the English language.

In one scene, the script called for a number of riderless horses to wander through the set. Curtiz yelled out to the wranglers "Bring on ze empty horses". Niven and Flynn started to laugh, and Curtiz was not happy with their reaction. He responded angrily, yelling at Niven and Flynn...

"You people, you think I know f**k nothing; I tell you, you are wrong...  I know f**k all"

Needless to say, this just made the two actors laugh even more!!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 12:20:49 PM »
That was the title of his second autobiography I think (Bring on the empty horses).

The first (The Moon's a Balloon) is equally brilliant.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 02:52:52 PM »
Roger was a great critic and film historian, but I sometimes think he saved his best writing for when he really didn't like a movie.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 06:52:18 PM »
That was the title of his second autobiography I think (Bring on the empty horses).

The first (The Moon's a Balloon) is equally brilliant.
Ooh, yes! I picked up the latter at a thrift store, and it was quite an entertaining read. ;D

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 05:42:19 AM »
Gazpar, I'm intrigued...  Can you please tel us the full story of how you met, and how you are now engaging with this HB - you said he sent you these images, so this is a conversation by email?  How did that arise?  And what was his reason for not sourcing the images - is he no longer speaking to you?

Offline Gazpar

• Earth
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 11:05:18 AM »
Gazpar, I'm intrigued...  Can you please tel us the full story of how you met, and how you are now engaging with this HB - you said he sent you these images, so this is a conversation by email?  How did that arise?  And what was his reason for not sourcing the images - is he no longer speaking to you?
It was on facebook. I saw a image of the lunar rover of apollo 17 in some page and I saw him on the comment section saying that all was filmed on earth and blah blah blah. I confronted him and throwed those images, I asked for source and he gave me a link to a youtube video. I asked him again for the source of the photos and he did not respond.
Link of the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo5w0pm24ic

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2015, 12:50:52 PM »
I asked him again for the source of the photos and he did not respond.

I daresay you  have your answer, then.  The verifiable provenance of the photos is the only thing that would connect them to Apollo and thereby require some kind of explanation.  If he can't prove they came from NASA and were represented by NASA as aerial photos of the Apollo landing site, then all he has is two photos and a story.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams