Author Topic: Chuck E. Cheese Pizza Conspiracy  (Read 11000 times)

Offline BDL

• Venus
Chuck E. Cheese Pizza Conspiracy
« on: February 14, 2019, 06:30:15 PM »
Chuck E. Cheese has recently been accused of conspiracy. The allegations are that Chuck E. Cheese takes the leftover pizzas from guests after they leave and heat them up for the guests that come in at a later time which would explain why Chuck E. Cheese pizzas’ crusts don’t line up and they’re completely different sizes from the rest of the slices of pizza. The couple times I’ve visited Chuck E. Cheese, I’ve also noticed this.

hhhmmm.... They’re definitely hiding something!
https://www.boston.com/news/national-news/2019/02/14/chuck-e-cheese-pizza-conspiracy-theory-youtube

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:35:03 PM by BDL »
“One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind.” - Neil Armstrong, 1969

Offline bknight

• Neptune
Re: Chuck E. Cheese Pizza Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 08:24:41 PM »
Looking at the image, it looks like a less than perfect circle of dough.  Except for the size
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 09:02:27 PM »
Reminds me of a discotheque in my town some years ago. A successfull business was sold to a not-a-clue guy, who wanted to own a disco. He had enough money to buy it and run it for some time, then the problems set in. When people bought a beer, and left some of it in the bottle on the counter, the staff was instructed to take that bottle, and fill it up with another partially-consumed beer. A guest figured this out, bought a beer and a red soda, drank the beer, refilled the bottle with the red soda, and left.

The next guest, who ordered a beer and got 25 cl of red soda and 8 cl of beer wasn't quite satisfied, and made a big fuss about it. The discotheque closed a few days later, and the original owner bought it back for half the price he sold it for.

Note that danish 33 cl beer bottles are made from a distinct dark green glass. The bottles are recycled endlessly by all danish breweries.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline molesworth

• Mars
  • the curse of st custards
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 06:45:06 AM »
Looking at the image, it looks like a less than perfect circle of dough.  Except for the size
And a bit of readjustment of that suspiciously out-of-place slice makes it look a lot more like a hand made base with all the cut bits of topping matching up.  This smacks of someone trying to invent a scandal to get at Chuck E. Cheese, possibly for bad service or something...
Days spent at sea are not deducted from one's allotted span - Phoenician proverb

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 03:35:30 PM »
A lot of pizzarias sell pizza by the slice. To save time, instead of making a new complete pizza from scratch, maybe this one was assembled from several pies missing previously sold pieces.

It looks like pepperoni and cheese, easily the most popular variety, and one that pizzarias that do sell by the slice always keep on hand. (It's what I order, so I would have noticed.)

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 08:34:21 PM »
A lot of pizzarias sell pizza by the slice. To save time, instead of making a new complete pizza from scratch, maybe this one was assembled from several pies missing previously sold pieces.

That would certainly fit with the taste of the last pizza I had at Chuck E. Cheese. The stuff was so horrible I would only take my children there when other families were hosting b-day parties.  We would never let them have a party there. Sticky carpets and terrible food.

Although they are franchise stores and I wouldn't put anything past a desperate failing owner.  I also wonder if the chain has a record of excessive health code violations. 
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Peter B

• Saturn
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 08:36:34 AM »

That would certainly fit with the taste of the last pizza I had at Chuck E. Cheese. The stuff was so horrible I would only take my children there when other families were hosting b-day parties.  We would never let them have a party there. Sticky carpets and terrible food.

Although they are franchise stores and I wouldn't put anything past a desperate failing owner.  I also wonder if the chain has a record of excessive health code violations.

Interesting thread - pizza conspiracy theories!

When we want pizza we go to the local (independent) takeaway joint. I don't know whether you have these sorts of places in the USA (or even in the UK), but you can get pizza, or hamburger/chickenburger, or fish and chips. And we go there because their pizzas taste better than the franchise ones.

We have a couple of franchise chains for pizza places (Pizza Hut and Domino's are the two main ones) in Oz, but they're strictly takeaway - no eat-in anymore. But despite their concentration on pizzas, everyone in our family prefers the pizzas from the local takeaway.

And the thing is, there's something approaching a genuine conspiracy with the Domino's franchises which puts the one in the OP to shame - there's evidence of rampant underpayment of staff by franchisees, who themselves are bleeding money back to Domino's through all the exorbitant fees levied by the company. This was uncovered by some impressive journalism, shown in this article: https://www.smh.com.au/interactive/2017/the-dominos-effect/

As for the local takeaway, if they have an uncollected pizza one night, it'll be sitting with all the other hot food the next morning, for sale by the slice.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 12:29:50 PM »
Oh, if we actually want pizza, there are several good pizza places in town.  I hadn't been to Chuck E. Cheese since I stopped being interested, back in the late '80s, until Simon started getting invited to birthday parties there.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 02:54:54 PM »
The only reason to go to CC is to placate the kids. It is not like you can relax while they are running around spilling coke everywhere and trying to eat pizza they dropped on the floor.  (So maybe my memory exaggerates how terrible the place was and how other people's children behaved there, but not by much.)

Offline twik

• Jupiter
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 11:56:30 AM »
As a non-parent, and therefore only exposed to it on a very irregular basis - I hang my head and whisper the terrible admission "I kind of liked it!"

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 11:56:02 PM »
As a non-parent, and therefore only exposed to it on a very irregular basis - I hang my head and whisper the terrible admission "I kind of liked it!"
The first time it was fun to watch my children have fun. They are franchises and cleanliness varies, but at least my nearby CC was pretty gross.