Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 479099 times)

Offline Dr_Orpheus

• Venus
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #825 on: October 25, 2014, 11:42:09 AM »
The mods at ISF (where I post as Pooneil) have shut down the discussions into the association between Skinny Splash and P1K.  So it looks like we will never get a full answer from SS about P1K/DrT.  As if a clarification was forthcoming anyway.

I noticed something else interesting.  Skinny Splash said he was "Fatty Dash's" big brother.   Patrick repeatedly denied being fattydash.   Here are the specific posts where Patrick1000 explained/invented who fattydash really was.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7466877&postcount=119

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7466982&postcount=124

« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:45:58 AM by Dr_Orpheus »

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #826 on: December 01, 2014, 06:15:48 PM »
Skinny Splash showed up at ISF today to nominate one of my posts (as Pooneil) for the Language Award.  The idea of the award is for "outstanding use of language"  and its quite apparent that was not the reason for the nomination.  The reason seams to be that since the original tread was closed and there was no other way to respond.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10349311#post10349311

He did at least address my question, although the answer was characteristically beside the point.  I mean really!  How does being a pushup champion help to reconcile the lunacy of P1K and and his socks to a the claim he was a skilled physician and scientist?
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline HeadLikeARock

• Venus
« Reply #827 on: December 01, 2014, 06:18:35 PM »
Spurstalk? There's Apollohoax discussion on a football forum?

Football?  I thought it was the San Antonino Spurs basketball.

I think this is a case of you say tomato, I say potato.

In England, Spurs is the nickname of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. That's proper football, i.e. soccer! ;)

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #828 on: December 01, 2014, 06:40:35 PM »
That's proper football.

It simply cannot be "proper" football unless the players use their hands most of the time.     ???   That is the way God made football to be played.   ;)

Offline BazBear

• Mars
« Reply #829 on: December 01, 2014, 08:09:41 PM »
That's proper football.

It simply cannot be "proper" football unless the players use their hands most of the time.     ???   That is the way God made football to be played.   ;)
Confirmed, just ask virtually any Yank, 'Nuck, or Aussie ;)
"It's true you know. In space, no one can hear you scream like a little girl." - Mark Watney, protagonist of The Martian by Andy Weir

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #830 on: December 01, 2014, 09:18:59 PM »
That's proper football.

Confirmed, just ask virtually any Yank, 'Nuck, or Aussie ;)

Nah. What the yanks call "football" was a ripped-off version of Rugby Football that has been modified almost beyond recognition. All the padding, helmets came along later because the poor darling didn't want to get hurt!

It has always been a source of mild amusement for me that American Football's main scoring method is called a "touchdown" when in fact they don't have to touch the ball down, while Rugby Football's main scoring method is not called a touchdown but they do!
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline carpediem

• Venus
« Reply #831 on: December 02, 2014, 06:06:45 AM »
Skinny Splash showed up at ISF today to nominate one of my posts (as Pooneil) for the Language Award.  The idea of the award is for "outstanding use of language"  and its quite apparent that was not the reason for the nomination.  The reason seams to be that since the original tread was closed and there was no other way to respond.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10349311#post10349311

He did at least address my question, although the answer was characteristically beside the point.  I mean really!  How does being a pushup champion help to reconcile the lunacy of P1K and and his socks to a the claim he was a skilled physician and scientist?

Dr Socks did 717 push-ups in about an hour this event that took place at his Alma mater UC Berkeley last weekend during Stanford & Cal's annual Big game.

I think apparently being a zombie push up champion is actually quite impressive.

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #832 on: December 02, 2014, 07:14:40 AM »
I think apparently being a zombie push up champion is actually quite impressive.

Dr Socks' unique talents have made an impression on many people.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #833 on: December 02, 2014, 01:53:17 PM »
It simply cannot be "proper" football unless the players use their hands most of the time.     ???
Agreed, there is nothing better than rugby.

That is the way God made football to be played.   ;)
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #834 on: December 02, 2014, 01:58:22 PM »
It simply cannot be "proper" football unless the players use their hands most of the time.     ???

That is the way God made football to be played.   ;)
I'm Irish, so you can guess what I think.  :D

Offline Zakalwe

• Uranus
« Reply #835 on: December 02, 2014, 03:05:39 PM »

Ahem...

"The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' " - Isaac Asimov

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #836 on: December 02, 2014, 06:18:32 PM »
"Four seconds of violence followed by a beer commercial" is why I don't watch football much any more. For all the hubbub, it is really a very slow game. 

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #837 on: December 02, 2014, 11:34:05 PM »
Yeah, I have a whole rant riffing on that fact.
If I watch any sport, it's ice hockey. While not as flowing a game as soccer, it's way more than football, and, damn, they move fast in those skates. Like soccer, there is a goalie, which means getting to the far side is but the beginning.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:35:57 PM by raven »

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
« Reply #838 on: December 02, 2014, 11:53:53 PM »
I'm not really a sport purist.  American football uses an egg-shaped ball and moves it primarily by hand.  Calling it "football" is primarily historical; calling it "handegg" would be more accurate but also more stupid.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline raven

• Uranus
« Reply #839 on: December 03, 2014, 01:22:49 AM »
I've never seen an egg that looked like an American or Canadian football. So even 'handegg' don't exactly describe it. Rugby football sure, but not gridiron.