Author Topic: What becomes of old 'friends'..  (Read 478940 times)

Offline JayUtah

• Neptune
    • Clavius
Re: What becomes of old 'friends'..
« Reply #795 on: October 21, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »
Cosmored = CosmicDave?

Nope.  Cosmic Dave is David Cosnette.
"Facts are stubborn things." --John Adams

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #796 on: October 21, 2014, 11:20:40 AM »
Cosmored = CosmicDave?

Although another name Cosmored often goes by is DavidC so it is easy to confuse.  I still don't think they're the same person.
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #797 on: October 21, 2014, 11:31:39 AM »
Cosmored = CosmicDave?

Hm. Close but no cigar, I guess  :D
Nice words aren't always true and true words aren't always nice - Laozi

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #798 on: October 21, 2014, 11:33:02 AM »

Although another name Cosmored often goes by is DavidC so it is easy to confuse.  I still don't think they're the same person.

Referring to Jays response it seems, I confused the names.  :)

Offline frenat

• Mars
« Reply #799 on: October 21, 2014, 11:41:44 AM »
I personally like the theory that he's a bot.  A poster on spurstalk has made the accusation multiple times and he's yet to address it.  It could explain a lot.    :)
-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
 -Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
 -There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #800 on: October 21, 2014, 12:34:19 PM »
It is very hard to tell the players without a program. 

I've sometimes thought of putting one together.  We all know who some of these people are, because we've interacted with them for years.  So one of us makes a joke about sock puppets or some other reference to a particular HB, and we think it's funny--but someone who hasn't dealt with the infamous Dr. Socks doesn't get it.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #801 on: October 21, 2014, 12:36:57 PM »

Referring to Jays response it seems, I confused the names.  :)
It's hardly surprising. Cosmored/ScottC/FatFreddy/lots of variations often gets lampooned by members of whichever forum he is spamming by the simple task of registering an account under one of his known other aliases. This gives rise to the odd spectacle of him appearing to argue with himself until you get the gag. For example, FatFreddy88 over at spurstalk is not him, just some comedian who registered the name to troll cosmored. This happened on sciforums as well.

Here are two yootoobs. 2:48 each and they list just some of the places where cosmored has spammed his nonsense. The guy is prolific if nothing else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn41RM-x4wA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYLwKqPn-YU

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #802 on: October 21, 2014, 01:25:04 PM »
I've sometimes thought of putting one together.

It would be an interesting history project.
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Dr.Acula

• Mars
« Reply #803 on: October 21, 2014, 01:31:29 PM »
I've sometimes thought of putting one together.

It would be an interesting history project.

Hey, that's a good idea. So we can address all claims in one go.  ;D

Offline Echnaton

• Saturn
« Reply #804 on: October 21, 2014, 02:56:55 PM »
Each HB listed by his primary name(s) with links indicating the various strength of the sock puppet connection.  Such as time from the name's banning of one on a forum to the appearance of the next name.  And the connections across various forums.   The accompanying text can describe the posting topics and style of each and make the case for and against the connection.

FattyDash -> Patrick1000 -> Skinny Splash?

Call it an applied humanities research project for the cause!
The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new. —Samuel Beckett

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #805 on: October 22, 2014, 06:44:38 PM »
I see our old YT friend Hunchbacked is posting hoax videos again. I also see that he still has no clue about angles, perspective, or video artifacts.
Ahh, now there's a coincidink..  A certain poster called "Inquisitive Mind"...

ChrLz, you may or may not be aware, but Hunchbacked posted here a few years ago (well, on the old forum) as InquisitiveMind, and his YT page links to his home page under his real name, so, yes, Hunchbacked=InquisitiveMind=Xavier Pascal, which he's never really made any secret of AFAIK.

Here's a link to the old thread. It's really pretty amusing.
http://apollohoax.proboards.com/thread/3011/illogical-travel-lem-moon
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #806 on: October 22, 2014, 08:57:02 PM »
Amusing and infuriating at the same time. To quote Ensign Chekov: "a curious mixture".

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #807 on: October 23, 2014, 05:34:58 AM »
ChrLz, you may or may not be aware, but Hunchbacked posted here a few years ago (well, on the old forum) as InquisitiveMind, and his YT page links to his home page under his real name, so, yes, Hunchbacked=InquisitiveMind=Xavier Pascal, which he's never really made any secret of AFAIK.

No, I wasn't aware of Xavier's previous.. and I thank you for that thread - very entertaining!  I've only got to pages 7 and 8, I don't think I have seen a more comprehensive thrashing of a denier's claim - I can't wait to see his responses...  And those animated gif's in the first post - what absolute classics!  I think I may have a use for some of them if he pops his head up again over at Unexplained Mysteries.

Offline ChrLz

• Earth
« Reply #808 on: October 23, 2014, 06:26:47 AM »
BTW, just in case anyone misses this, here's a heads up involving:

Leslie Kean
Col Charles Halt
(Dr) Richard Haines
Thomas Carey

.. who are all participating in a UFO 'Panel Event' that is, seemingly, endorsed by a University and supported by a Professor there as part of their Honors program!   I've started a thread here, and the original story about this (from Alejandro Rojas - groan..) is here, plus the American University's spiel is here..

I find this rather disturbing, and I hope some like-minded folk may be in that area and able to attend, in the forlorn hope that there might be a question time..

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #809 on: October 23, 2014, 10:46:05 AM »

No, I wasn't aware of Xavier's previous.. and I thank you for that thread - very entertaining!  I've only got to pages 7 and 8, I don't think I have seen a more comprehensive thrashing of a denier's claim - I can't wait to see his responses...  And those animated gif's in the first post - what absolute classics!  I think I may have a use for some of them if he pops his head up again over at Unexplained Mysteries.

I especially love the way he never really gets very far into his main argument because his first premise (the CSM-LM stack orbital orientation) fails so massively. 

One thing about Hunchy, though - he is one of the most civil of the HBs; he seldom if ever goes into a rant or seems to get angry. He just goes happily along convinced that he is right about the most ridiculous claims, even in the face of massive evidence to the contrary.
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz