Author Topic: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?  (Read 411260 times)

Offline raven

• Uranus
Re: why was the usa the only one to go to the moon?
« Reply #1065 on: February 15, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #1066 on: February 15, 2013, 03:28:19 PM »
The co-pilot, Roger Over.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1067 on: February 15, 2013, 05:12:07 PM »
Roger Murdock, actually.  (Played by the always entertaining Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.)  Peter Graves was Clarence Oveur.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates

Offline Noldi400

• Jupiter
« Reply #1068 on: February 15, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
So... how long do you think before the CT folk come out with claims of a test of an orbital superweapon directed on a Russian village?  Or have they already started?
"The sane understand that human beings are incapable of sustaining conspiracies on a grand scale, because some of our most defining qualities as a species are... a tendency to panic, and an inability to keep our mouths shut." - Dean Koontz

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #1069 on: February 15, 2013, 06:30:58 PM »
What made eve funnier is the engineer's name was Victor.

It had to be one of the funniest three-way (four way if you count the control tower) conversations ever in any movie

Flight 2-0-9'er, you are cleared for take-off.
Roger!
Huh?
L.A. departure frequency, 123 point 9'er.
Roger!
Huh?
Request vector, over.
What?
Flight 2-0-9'er cleared for vector 324.
We have clearance, Clarence.
Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower's radio clearance, over!
That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Over.
Roger.
Huh?
Roger, over!
What?
Huh?
Who?
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline gillianren

• Uranus
    • My Letterboxd journal
« Reply #1070 on: February 15, 2013, 07:22:32 PM »
So... how long do you think before the CT folk come out with claims of a test of an orbital superweapon directed on a Russian village?  Or have they already started?

So far, all I'm seeing is one girl I knew in junior high persistently posting on Facebook about how the Mayans were ahead of the game after all.  Sigh.
"This sounds like a job for Bipolar Bear . . . but I just can't seem to get out of bed!"

"Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labour-saving device in the face of complexity."  --Henry Louis Gates