Author Topic: Trouble in Woo-Woo Land  (Read 13976 times)

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
Trouble in Woo-Woo Land
« on: December 10, 2015, 03:29:50 PM »
Ever wanted to see Flat Earth loonies and gormless 'rockets can't work in a vacuum' fruitcakes get into a fight with orthodox moon landing deniers? Pull up a chair, crack open a beer, and watch this:

The only way this can get better is if the 'NASA are hiding evidence of aliens on the Moon' crowd turn up.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
Re: Trouble in Woo-Woo Land
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 04:31:35 PM »
Irony overload alert...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:58:11 PM »
I think you should have stated that it was a blunder video as I don't like pushing his view counts, however, he still denies man on the moon while giving evidence that the world is indeed roundish.  Rockets do work in space.  So for those two items I have to agree with him, but he needs to learn about physics and science and quit attempting to show that man never landed on the moon.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 05:04:06 PM »
The irony part is that he actually has the nerve to use the argument trotted out by hoaxers to deny the landings, like the shots in zero gravity that are far longer than possible in a 'vomit comet'.

I particularly enjoyed his obvious mental backtracking about Armstrong, whose first docking in space paved the way for...erm...all sorts of other dockings in space but not Apollo obviously...

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 07:02:23 PM »
He's a jerk in the first class, no matter how he goes about his pitiful daily life.
Truth needs no defense.  Nobody can take those footsteps I made on the surface of the moon away from me.
Eugene Cernan

Offline Philthy

• Venus
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 09:00:49 PM »
For first class "rockets don't work in space," check this place out...........it's really unbelievable. I suppose I say "first class," is because you don't have to submit petition to join, the ONLY reason I join such sites is to check out the new posts.

Anyway, here it is, in all it's glory:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?board=20.0

Papa Lega is especially amusing.

Phil
The capacity of conspiracy theorists to deny science and hand-wave away evidence is infinite, as is their level of stupid. -- Smartcooky

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 10:31:19 PM »
I lost my tin foil hat.
Eugene Cernan

Offline BertieSlack

• Earth
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 02:16:03 AM »
I think you should have stated that it was a blunder video as I don't like pushing his view counts

The truth is not democratic and matters of fact are not determined by the outcome of internet popularity contests. In the comments section of Jawwah's video there is a flat-earther who thinks his side is winning because the video has more 'thumbs-down' than 'thumbs-up'. "My gang is bigger than your gang" is hardly a solid epistemological position, even if the twoofers think it is. A few extra views on a JW video hardly legitimises his position on Apollo, even if it strokes his ego a little. And it would be amusing if this turns out to be his most-seen video.

But I'm not going to analyse it too much - it's just extremely amusing watching a mendacious self-regarding peddler of untruth get swamped by uber-idiots.

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 06:31:03 AM »
I think you should have stated that it was a blunder video as I don't like pushing his view counts

The truth is not democratic and matters of fact are not determined by the outcome of internet popularity contests. In the comments section of Jawwah's video there is a flat-earther who thinks his side is winning because the video has more 'thumbs-down' than 'thumbs-up'. "My gang is bigger than your gang" is hardly a solid epistemological position, even if the twoofers think it is. A few extra views on a JW video hardly legitimises his position on Apollo, even if it strokes his ego a little. And it would be amusing if this turns out to be his most-seen video.

But I'm not going to analyse it too much - it's just extremely amusing watching a mendacious self-regarding peddler of untruth get swamped by uber-idiots.
Idiots vs. Idiots  :)
Eugene Cernan

Offline Gazpar

• Earth
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 12:58:18 PM »
I have never though that I would support Jarrah on this  :-\
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:41:05 PM by Gazpar »

Offline smartcooky

• Uranus
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 02:26:41 PM »
it's just extremely amusing watching a mendacious self-regarding peddler of untruth get swamped by uber-idiots.

You forgot entertaining.

As a critical thinker with any sense of humour, you MUST get some enjoyment from watching two groups of complete idiots trying to out-stupid each other.

Its rather like watching a real-life version of Monty Python's "Upper Class Twit of the Year Competition"; you enjoy the off the wall stupid antics while not giving a fat rat's arse who wins!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:38:27 PM by smartcooky »
If you're not a scientist but you think you've destroyed the foundation of a vast scientific edifice with 10 minutes of Googling, you might want to consider the possibility that you're wrong.

Offline Allan F

• Saturn
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 05:31:20 PM »
Like the 100-meter dash for people without any sense of direction.
Well, it is like this: The truth doesn't need insults. Insults are the refuge of a darkened mind, a mind that refuses to open and see. Foul language can't outcompete knowledge. And knowledge is the result of education. Education is the result of the wish to know more, not less.

Offline onebigmonkey

• Uranus
  • ALSJ Clown
    • Apollo Hoax Debunked
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 06:18:11 AM »

All bound for woo woo land..

The thread title is giving me this every time I see it!

Offline bknight

• Neptune
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 07:13:24 AM »

All bound for woo woo land..

The thread title is giving me this every time I see it!
Interesting poster too, Emperor Palpatine
Eugene Cernan

Offline Tedward

• Mars
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 10:34:56 AM »
Oh my giddy aunt.

He still thinks anyone actually gives a damn (that matters) about what he cannot prove.

Brought a titter or two.

Who is Vinny Eastwood anyway, sounds like two actors mixed up, might make a good western/east end London cross over film.