Author Topic: Earth from Moon Photos  (Read 9126 times)

Offline vonmazur

• Mercury
Re: Earth from Moon Photos
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 06:12:47 PM »
Thanks, everyone, for the links to the pix. I will pass them to the questioner...

Dale

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »
IIRC, were you not involved in that huge Apollo link budget discussion someplace?
Which one? I've been involved in a lot of them, they're a specialty.

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 08:20:26 AM »
IIRC, were you not involved in that huge Apollo link budget discussion someplace?
Which one? I've been involved in a lot of them, they're a specialty.

Here? Educationforum? Baut? GLP? I don't recall and can't be motivated to look it up. It went on for ages.

Offline ka9q

• Neptune
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 04:59:47 PM »
I hang mostly around here, so it was probably here....

I could always do some more, if there's a specific link that interests you. One of the most fascinating was the unplanned link between Neil Armstrong's 300 mW VHF AM backpack transmitter and Larry Baysinger's wood-and-chicken-wire antenna in Kentucky. That one got a little complicated because the moon was setting at the time and he saw strong multipath reflections from the ground that both enhanced and canceled the signal at different times.

Offline Luke Pemberton

• Uranus
  • Chaos in his tin foil hat
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 06:03:47 PM »

I could always do some more, if there's a specific link that interests you. One of the most fascinating was the unplanned link between Neil Armstrong's 300 mW VHF AM backpack transmitter and Larry Baysinger's wood-and-chicken-wire antenna in Kentucky. That one got a little complicated because the moon was setting at the time and he saw strong multipath reflections from the ground that both enhanced and canceled the signal at different times.

Interesting, those HAMs knew their stuff. Larry is pictured here:

http://www.retrothing.com/2009/11/listening-in-on-the-apollo-11-astronauts-from-home.html
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstein.

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people – Sir Isaac Newton.

A polar orbit would also bypass the SAA - Tim Finch

Offline Abaddon

• Saturn
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 02:04:44 AM »

No need. I was simply trying to recall where that happened.